4/27/2016

Argentina - Febrary 15, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!! Ayer...
 
Hey mom!
Wow, that is crazy that it is already, well, that Valentine's Day has already passed! Wow, time flies! I hope it was good! I am glad that you guys where able to have a little party thing! And tell Malyn happy birthday for me! Jed's birthday is coming up too, holy cow, time just flies, he is going to have one year! Holiday! Yeah, but not when you are in the mission because, well, here in Argentina they have a bunch of random holidays that don't really make sense at all, but nothing is open. Well, it is okay, but there was a holiday last week, but this week are free! That would have been cool if you could have gone to watch, but sounds like the wrestling programs is missing a stud... to bad he is on a mission;) It doesn't sounds like Cello did well either, I can't believe that 2 wrestling seasons have came and gone already, but I bet the warm weather is nice! It is still hot here, but the interesting thing is, I think we sweat more than Argentines, like we are always just dripping with sweat! But not to worry, we have things we have to do to keep good and healthy in the heat! So Jade is working in construction? It will be good for him! Dang, he got the dream calling... that would be the best calling! I hope he enjoys it.
Oh, so I got the card! I hope it has the same pin number as my other one, ha! But, I got that, and nothing else as of yet. I got a call from the elder in charge of the letters and mail, and he said that my package is in customs and it will cost money to get it out, but don't worry, I will pay that so I can get it out. We are going to Resistenceia for multi-zone conference tomorrow, so we will see if it is there, and if there is anything else. I will keep you guys updated! 
This last week was really good, we had lots lessons, so that was good, plus it went by really fast! And we were able to find some new people to teach, which was nice!  So far the area is doing good, but the best part was Sunday, we had a record of 32 people in church!!! And we had 2 investigators at church! I was super happy when they came! Victor, who is the father in a part member family, he is not a member, but they need to get married and he has been smoking ever since he was 9 years old, but they are an amazing family, not perfect, but they are great and I love them so much! And Roberto, he is a great guy; he doesn't have an eye, but his faith is so great, he just want to do all the things right. The problem is, well, our chapel is a house and our microphone doesn't work, and we have to have these fans going or you can't stand to be in there, so it is hard to hear or talk because it is so loud.  I gave a talk yesterday, and well, Victor said he really liked it, but he couldn't hear very good because some members right behind him were talking. It's a little frustrating, but next week will be better. Speaking of which, we have transfers again, so next week I will write on Tuesday. I am going to have 4 and a half months here in Vera, but I wouldn't mind staying another transfer, I hope I stay because I like it here! 
Tomorrow we are going to Resistencia, and today we are in Reconquista, so we are going to miss a couple days of work in our area, but we already have lots of plans for the week, so I am excited! 
I hope that you guys have a wonderful week!!!  Mom, I love you! Tell everyone that I love them! Thanks for the prayers, they do give me strength! I feel the love and support too, I have the best family in the whole world! 
Love Elder Grover