4/13/2016

Argentina - December 28, 2015

Merry New Year!!!!!!!
Hey mom, how is it going? I hope it is great! It was so great to skype with you and the family on Christmas! That was the best present ever! Y'all look great!!! I hope that you guys had a great Christmas! And thank you so much for the pictures, they all look really great!!! I hope that you guys were able to do the nativity as a family and spend some time remembering the importance of Christmas.  It has been out in the mission where I have found the real, true meaning of Christmas, and it has a lot to do with the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Christmas is a great time to reflect on the year that has passed, for me, it has, hands down, been the hardest year of my entire life, but also the most rewarding because I have grown closer to my Lord. I still have a long road to go, but I know that the Lord will be there to help me as I go, and I am excited to start the 2016 year with all of the new experiences that are in store for me! But more than anything, my wish is that all goes well to you, my family, in this new year!!:)
Wow, the TV looks huge!!!! But I think I can probably put it to good use when I get home;) It was so great to talk to everyone! All the kids are getting so big... it was a shock!! But everyone looks great!!!I still think it is crazy that Jesse is a dad, I hope that Braddock does okay for a week away, he seemed like a great little guy. But everyone and their families looked great!!!!  
So not too long after I skyped, we went to the apartment of the other missionaries and just relaxed and talked about the skype calls. Then on Saturday morning and got on a bus at 7:40 and got back to our area around 9:15, then went to work. That morning we had some very interesting experiences. So 2 weeks ago we lost contact with Hernan because their little house was ruined in the rain. During those 2 weeks we went to Resistencia 2 times because my companion had to do some paperwork to get legal here in Argentina, so we were gone a lot. But anyway, we found him, they are staying at the house of his wife's parents, but he didn't want to talk there, so we went walking and talking.  When we got to the cemetery, he asked if we wanted to walk in and see, so we did, it is very different that the ones you would find in the states.  Mostly they just have tombs, they really need to talk better care of it, so that was interesting. Then we are walking back and we see this guy who looks more white and taller than most Argentines, wearing a camo hat. It turns out he is from Colorado, and is wife is from here, and they are here for the holidays. He is not a Mormon, but he knows a lot about the church, so that was pretty interesting! Then church was good yesterday, we had 2 investigators come to church, but it was a great Sunday, except that it was really hot. But if you can remember to see if you can get me a card, that would be really nice:) 
I have been reading in Ether, and it is really great, I have been thinking a lot about the faith those people had! They got in a little boat and trusted the Lord that they would get where they needed to go. At times we need to do the same, we reach a point in our lives when we come to an ocean, and all of the sudden the future doesn't look too bright, but if we put our trust in the Lord, He will lead us to the promised land. We just need to have the faith to get in the boat and let the Lord take us where he wants us to be.
This week should be good, we will have a little more time to work and help the people!:) My cough is getting better, and the skinny, well, I tried the weight thing to get skinny but then I just started putting on lean muscle and getting really big!;) I hope you guys have a wonderful week. Mom, I hope you enjoy your week off from work and that you will be able to do nothing!!:) I just want you guys to know that I love you and hope all goes well!!! Have a wonderful new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!
love Elder Grover