It is getting hot......
Hey Mom, how is it going? I hope it is going great. Thank you for the photos, they look great con papa noel! And the puppy.. it looks so cute, maybe I will have to rob it when I get home, ha!
But my week has been really great here in Vera, we had a very good week, we had lots of lessons, and we are getting to know lots of people, which is really great! So we are working with Ramon.. but he needs to stop smoking.. any ideas? I believe that the hardest thing is that he lives with people who smoke, so when he smells it then he wants to smoke too. But, he came to church; I will talk more about that in a little bit. 18 days until Christmas... that is so crazy, it just doesn't feel like it is Christmas when it is so hot. We did have a zone meeting, and so we are starting the whole contacting and showing videos about Christmas, I am excited about that, it is always a great way to find new people to teach.
The puppy looks so cute, I can't believe that there are 8! But I think he might be all grown up by the time I get back, what other breed is it? I hope that everyone will be able to finish all the school and things and that they all pass. So the Christmas devotional is next week, we will watch it with the members, but in Spanish, but I am really excited to see it! Yeah, with the package, I think Amber already beat you... sorry mom, ha! I got it at the zone meeting, but what she did was super amazing! With the scriptures! I have not opened them yet! But I am excited, but I am also excited for your package, maybe they will get it to us before Christmas. But I think I am more excited to skype than you are:) ha!
So from the title you can see it is getting hotter here in Argentina.. but it is not as bad as last year, probably because I am a lot more south. But this week has been great, we are doing good with meeting our goals. So we are talking to this really cool family, la familia Córdoba, so they are an older couple, close to 70 years old. The guy doesn't have a church and the wife is catholic and her brother died not too long ago. But they did let is in and were super nice, he was like, I see other people pass by other from other churches but you guys are the first people that I let in. And the lady, in her prayer, gave thanks for the chance that she has to learn more, so I am super excited to be teaching them. But then they didn't come to church... hopefully next week. We have been talking to lots of people and hopefully this week we will be able to talk to them more because that would be super nice. The rama, I mean the branch, is doing great. So the president, his whole family came to church, which is cool, and I guess that they will be going to the temple this month to be sealed as a family. I guess he was the first member here in Vera like 30 years ago. Then this other family that always comes to church, their daughter is in the same mission as Sterling, they are a great family and are always willing to help us out with food and clothes, which is always something really nice also.
So we are working with a part member family, Alejandra and Victor. She has been a member for a long time, even was sealed in the temple had 3 kids, but something happened and now she is with Victor. They have 2 girls together, Sol and Tiffany, and they are 8 and 6. But Alajandra works a lot and so she can't come to church, so if she doesn't go, Victor doesn't want to go. It has been hard because her 3 other kids, well 2 of them, have gotten really rebellious. Also, it is just hard because when we try to teach Alejandra, she just says, I already know it all, elders. She just has the attitude that she knows everything, and well, I know for a fact that I don't even know everything and never will, but we all need to keep learning, but that makes it harder for Victor to learn. But we will see how things so, she changed her work, so I think that it might get a little better. But it is going well here in Argentina, thanks for you e-mails mom, I really enjoy them every week. And the pictures:) But I want to invite everyone during this Christmas season to really learn the true meaning of Christmas and strive to come closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you all!! I hope that you have a wonderful week. Mom, I love you, thanks for your love and support!
love Elder Grover





