What a week !!!!!!!
Hello mother! How are you doing?
Just want to give you a quick reminder really fast... I don't have a P-day next week, so I will not be writing, but on Christmas I will be able to write from 4 to 5, so during that time I will be on the computer, then at 5 Argentina time I will be skyping you guys:) until 5:45! so prepare now!:) So those are the times, I guess if you have any questions you will be able to ask me before because I will be on the computer.
Snow!!!! Holy cow, that is crazy to think about! It sounds like you guys had a crazy weekend!! But I am glad to hear that everyone is doing great and that you are safe! That is good that McKady was able to go up and have a good time and get to be with some friends. You guys went to temple square? That is crazy, how was it? I am so jealous because we watched the Christmas devotional last night and it was really great, and then they had some footage of the temple with the lights and it looked really cool!!!
The heat has been crazy, well it has been a half and half thing, we had killing heat and then in the same day a crazy, crazy rain storm. Nothing like getting caught out in the rain as a missionary having nothing, only the clothes on your back. Well, it was great and a little wet, and the lighting and thunder was crazy, and then it rained again last night. But then after that you get the humidity, and it is just super crazy and powerful... it is so hot sometimes. But it is weird because for me, Christmas is snow... but I hope you guys have a fun day to celebrate JJ's birthday! Tell him Happy Birthday for me! I can't believe that he is 26 already, and a dad, and has 2 kids, that is just something very crazy for me to think about. But tell him Happy Birthday!!
This week we had some really great experiences, and it really goes to show the love that the Lord has for all of his children, it doesn't matter where they are at. So on Tuesday we went to Reconquista to have our district meeting, and then on the way back we stopped in this little town called Malabrigo, because the week before we talked to this guy who lived there. So we called presidente and got permision to go teach this guy, so we taught him and the lesson went really well, he is great, seems great, so we were waiting in the plaze to catch the next bus. We were sitting there, we had a little bit of time but I was thinking, we need to get going but I just felt like we should stay, so we stayed and then 10 minutes later this guy came up to us and said "Elders", so he knew who we were, but it turns out that he is a member who moved to that little town 6 months ago, and well, there is not a church there, the closest church is where we are at, in Vera. Anyway, it was really cool, he is great, he wants to go on a mission, so we will see how that goes!!
Then we found this really cool family, Hernan and Flourencia, they are great, he is 19 and she is 21. She is pregnant, and is going to have her baby this month sometime. They live in a little tarpe house thing, and they might move to Cordoba, but we don't want that. Anyway, the problem is that he has a bad back and can't work hard labor jobs; he cuts grass and his weed wacker is broken so they are not making any money, but with these bad rains their house isn't very adequate. But they are great, so hopefully they don't move so we can teach them. Sometimes I just feel so bad and wish there was something more we could do for them!!
So this Sunday we had 2 guys come to church, Juan and his brother Fernando!! They are great, but they can't read. Their whole lives they have been going to different churches, and their forms of doing things are a little different, but they are great. We went over and we had an asado with them and a member, but is was really good and they came to church, even with all the rain! So that was super awesome! But they have also spent some time in jail, so that is also an obstacle, but there is always the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! But this was a grat week with lots of great experiences! So the next time we talk will be Christmas:) I want you guys to really ponder the real meaning of Christmas and why it is important! I love you guys and wish you the best! I can't wait to talk to you! Mom, I love you so much, tell everyone I love them!
Love Elder Grover





