I get another transfer in Vera:)
Hey mom!
Holy cow!!! Thanksgiving looked like it was a blast! And lots of food, I think I might have drooled a little bit over the picture;) thank you so much for the pictures, they all look so good! And, oh my gosh, the kids have all grown up so much! I hope that everyone had a great time and really enjoyed the blessing of being together and being thankful for all the wonderful things we have been given in life, because I know I am super grateful to have you guys as a family and to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!
I am glad to hear that everyone had a good week. I hope my football teams are going good, and I hope the whole school application process and things go well with McKady. As for Jade, he will choose the right, I could see him in criminal justice, ha! It is crazy that the semester is coming to an end. School is going to be getting out for the summer for the people here in good old Argentina. Money.. well, all we need to do is do our best and pay our tithing and all will work out! But I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope JJ and Tamra and their whole family are doing good! And Jordan, engaged... ha, that is just so crazy, I just can't believe it. But tell everyone that I love them very much and hope the best for everyone!
Okay, so last week we were in Reconquista for a actividad de zona, then we stayed there to have our district meeting the next day. We got out late and missed our bus to Vera... so we had to wait for a long time, so we missed like 3 days of work, which is never good... but then we came back strong;) We gave lots of lessons and we talked to a lot of people, got to know lots of people. It is great to get to know so many people as a missionary, but then is is hard when then you go by again and they don't want to talk to you. Oh, then we had transfers... but me and my companion, we stayed here in Vera. I am excited because we have 6 more weeks here, we get to have Christmas and so much more neat things to do. We really are getting to know lots of people, and then that is where the miricles come!
But there is opposition in all things.... when we talked to all these people they all said they would come to church.. but then no one came.. not even the people we have been working with for a long time.. but that is okay, maybe next week. But I did give a talk about the Book of Mormon, I hope it was good. Then I had to give the lesson in Sunday School... I didn't know about that assignment until a minute before, but the Lord helped me out, so we are all good there! The first counselor in the district presdencia was there, and it was really good, he talked and gave a good 5th Sunday lesson. Then we will go to yesterday, which was crazy, we had a lot of lessons, but we had one very interesting one. We talked to this drunk guy, he was so out of it, but his wife was this nice little lady that just wanted us to help him, but he was yelling at us and telling us that he was God and a Prophet, it was just very interesting! So, what did I learn from that experience!? Don't become a drunk.. because it ruins your life, and it is very sad to see the conditions these people end up living in when they are drunk all the time, getting beat up, and beating other people up and not remembering any of it. This guy had been in a fight the night before with some other drunk guys and he was beat up pretty bad. His two dirty little kids that need a father looked like they were sick. But then another thing I have realized is how grateful I am to grow up where I did with the people I did. Mom, and whole family, I want you to remember one thing, when you guys are frustrated or money is tight or anything, there are always things to be grateful because I have eye wittnessed much worse. We live like kings compared to a lot of people in the world.
So missionary work is very interesting, but at the same time, extremely awesome and hard. People who don't want to talk to you, or people who will talk to you but will never change, and people that would love to change but don't want to read or pray or go to church, but it all comes to that doing the right thing even if it is not the easy thing. It is very interesting, but it is amazing to help people, and this gospel really has a light that can help any person anywhere. But I want you guys to know I love you very much and am grateful to have you guys as my family. Mom, I love you, and want you to know your little boy is doing good!:) I hope the week goes well for everyone, tell everyone I love them very much!!
Elder Grover





