3/30/2016

Argentina - November 23, 2015

Macri GanĂ³/ feliz dia de Gracia!!!! les Quiero mucho!!!!!
Howdy y'all! Hey mom:)
how is everyone doing in the wonderful snow of Blanding, Utah?  You are right.. there is no Thanksgiving here in Argentina.. I know, it is a sad day. I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't mind a good turkey and, oh my, a piece of pumpkin pie... oh that sounds so good right now, or any kind of pie for that matter!  But we will see what me and my companion can do to make a the holiday a delight:) Oh, and I just remembered, a good glazed spiral ham.. that sounds so good right now! Did you know they don't even have brown sugar here in Argentina? 
Beaver won the state football game? That is really cool, better than South Summit, I know my senior year the Beaver kids where a lot nicer than the South Summit team, so that is cool that they won. Didn't South Summit win the last 2 years.. wouldn't want them to win 3 in a row, but anyway, that is cool for Beaver!
Yeah, I would think it would be very hard for the family of Tamra, with Thanksgiving coming up.. but there is always the great plan of God to be thankful for.  Please tell them that I love them and that they are in my prayers. 
Holy smokes, that sounds like it should be a very wonderful family Thanksgiving! You are going to have to take lots of pictures and send them to me! With all the family there, you will have to tell them all hi for me and that I love them all so very much and am so grateful for all they do for me.  I have the best family in the whole world!
Snow.. crazy.. I haven't seen snow in 2 years... does that even exist? Ha, but that is wonderful that you guys are getting snow! Because snow means water, and water is always good in Blanding! Christmas, wow that is coming up, oh, we got an email from our assistants saying that we will not have our regular P-day the week of Christmas, but we will have it on Christmas, and they want the calls to be no longer than 45 minutes, just so you guys know. 
But, this week has been really good, we were able to teach a lot of lessons and get to know a lot of people. We are still working with Ramon, he just needs to stop smoking. Just one last step, he has stopped smoking a lot, but to stop completely is just a little hard for him, but we will see how that goes. Also, we got a reference from a sister in the ward for her brother, he is 31 and lives with his mom. He is pretty quiet and doesn't like talking much, but we were able to talk to him, and he came to church this week:) I was so happy to see both him, Juan, and Ramon at church.  Every person helps because we only have about 25 people come out on good week. I guess a long time ago, well like 10 years ago, the church here in Vera was really strong and they were about to build a church building. But then the Branch President and one of his councilors and his secretary where traveling to a meeting and got in a car crash.. all 3 died. After that the church really started to fall, but we will help it grow! Ha!
So yesterday was the voting day here in Argentina for president, so we went to church and then we stayed in the pension all afternoon. I took a good old Sunday night nap, so that was so nice, but it was okay, we just stayed inside. But anyway, Marci won, I don't know who he is or if he is good, but I have seen his posters a lot, so that is interesting.
Right now we are in Reconquista with our zone leaders, we had a zone activity and played volleyball and ate some pizza, so that was fun. It is crazy what happens to a person's body without exercise, I am so out of shape!  I can walk all day, but other than that, wow, it is crazy, ha! 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so grateful for you mom, you are the best mom in the world, I want you to know that! I am grateful for the whole wonderful family that I have! You guys are the best, I am so grateful for the atonement of our savior, and his love for us and this church! I am grateful to be here in Argentina serving the Lord at this time, and for all the help that He has given me. I am thankful for you all, thanks mom for all you do! I love you scripture, it is amazing!
love you all, Elder Grover
Happy Thanksgiving!:)