3/09/2016

Argentina - October 5, 2015

What a spiritual weekend!
First off, Conference was amazing!!! I loved it so much!! I could listen to it all day every day. But we do have the opportunity to study the talks in the next 6 months and apply them more in our lives, or even watch them whenever we want, what a great blessing! You compare it to the Book of Mormon, it is very true, very well put, but now we have to apply the things that we have learned so that we will be able to live with our Father in Heaven again. That is one way we can have the spirit of conference more in our life all the time. I loved Elder Bednar's talk, he just put the icing on the cake, he speaks so well, it is just so amazing! But I will talk about conference a little more in detail here in a little bit!
That is awesome about Stetson getting baptized, tell him how much I love him and how proud I am of him for making the decision that he is making! That is so amazing! Jading is working at Little Caesars? That is so awesome! That would be crazy if he found someone to marry right away because, well, it would be crazy! You will have to take some pictures when you go up there and send them to me!!! That would be super awesome!
We will go though the week, it was pretty good! Tuesday was pretty normal, Wednesday I went on divisions with the zone leaders and that was really great, we taught some great lessons and then in the morning we did some service, which went really well also.  But it was funny, so we were helping this less-active member paint her table, but it was super funny because we were using spray paint, but she handed us the bug spray instead of the spray paint. So she was like, "okay, paint it", and me and my zone leader were so confused.  So he started to spray it with bug spray, just confused, and she went in and got another can, but it was spray paint. We were like, "Hermana, this is bug spray, it is not going to paint." And she was like, "oh!" ha, it was so funny.  So that was Thursday in the morning, but in the meanwhile my companion was sick, so when I got back to my area, my companion was sick so I was able to clean our whole apartment really nice! So I guess that was good. And then Friday we had an activity with another ward to watch Meet the Mormons, but not very many people came, not even members. It would be nice if we had more support from the members, that would be great! So anyway, we watched Meet the Mormons, and it was good, and then the next day was conference!!! And that was super, super amazing!
To pick a favorite talk is too hard, like I said, I loved them all! All of them had things that I could apply and learn. Elder Bednar's was amazing, also Elder Holland's was very, very powerful! I enjoyed it very much, talking on the importance of mothers and the love that they have for their children, thanks for being my mother, mom!:) And for all the love and support that you give me! All the talks were great, Elder Neilson's was so amazing, well, all the apostle's talks where just so amazing! They were great! And the new apostles were great, then Haynie, I believe he is in the Quorum of the 70 when he told the story of the mud, I loved that talk! Oh yeah, and to ponderize one scripture every week, that is something I am going to try doing, and I think that it will help us to have the spirit more with us! I just loved it all, the old ship zion has all we need! So we have no reason to fear. Oh, and then there was another one that was talking about the barriors, can't remember the name, but that was amazing too, because we can't see, but the Lord knows what is the best! Then I loved how they talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ! What an amazing thing we have to become clean to be lifted up in our trials and all that we need will be given to us, through the atonement! I believe that, I also believe this world is a very cruel place, but that means we must be better, we have got to work harder to defeat the wicked that we face.  I testify that the Lord is our Savior, and through him we can be clean. I know that He loves us and wants the best for us! I hope that everyone had a good week, and that we can all apply conference into our lives more! I love you, hope that the baptism for Stetson goes well! I love you all and hope the best for everyone! Mom, I love you and think you are the best! Have fun and things will be fun, love you!
Love Elder Grover!