Happy Halloween!
i am doing great this week, how is everyone doing this week!!? no, mom I didn't get transferred, I am still in the same area, and I am still training the missionary:) But, I am doing great and I am healthy. This week was good, I bought some carrots to sanck on, it is really crazy how eating healthier can bring more energy and excitement. I hope you are all just doing great!:) Time is going so fast!! It is so crazy! I cannot believe how fast time goes, so crazy that I only have 10 more months. Oh yeah, it is Halloween this coming Saturday.. so crazy! I wish they would celebrate it a little more here. Tell Jade Happy Birthday for me! What is crazy is that his last birthday we were both in the mission, that just seems so crazy to me! Sounds like there are always things that need to get done. It still shoks me that Amanda is getting married, we are not old enough to get married... so weird, ha. Thanksgiving is comig up too, wow, that will be super fun to have everyone come and be together. People are shooting animals? And I am not getting any pictures of these animals? Que in el mundo!;) I wouldn't worry about JJ and Jesse too much, they have their wives to help them get through school, which would help a lot, ha. Yeah, I know that Jade and Jordan cause lots of stress... I am sorry about that mom, ha;) No mom, I am doing good, there is no need to worry about me. I just have the frustration of dealing with people who don't want to hear the gospel, or don't want to come church or who like to avoid it, but no, it is going good. I wil expound more on that here in a little bit.
But other than that, I hope everyone is just doing great and that all the kids are excited for Halloween. I hope I get some good pictures of the excitment next week!:)
My week had some excitment and then lots of the usual same missionary things, which is very interesting, but I am always trying to look for the good things that we have in life to experience. This week we were able to find lots of other people to teach, well, we found people and taught them the first lesson, but then finding those poeple again a second time is proving to be very difficult. So we have, or had, 2 investagators that were progressing, but we were not able to talk to them this week. One of them, her kids are just a little crazy, they shot me with a sling shot, ha, and the other week they spit on my companion. But we were not able to talk with them again, and that was frustrating. But we were able to talk to a lady that we started teaching, and her name is Kendy, she is really cool. She has blond hair and blue eyes, and so do her kids, it is crazy, and she speaks Spanish, but we will see how it goes. She said she wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but we have a lesson with her tonight so we will see how that goes.
My companion, he is great, and he is learning a lot, I get along with him really well. Oh yeah, so his mom wants you to become fiends with the Argentina Resistencia mission on facebook so that she can find you and become friends with you, ha. But training is difficult in the sense that, as a missionary, while teaching you and your companion like to teach 50-50, but when you are training, you have to do a little more talking. It is also very intersting to use the experiences that I have had on my mission to help in learning Spanish and just getting to missionary life.
So last night there were elections for the Presidente of Agentina, so we went to church and then we stayed in the pension all day, it was super boring. But this is what happened, so I was cooking pudding, and when I went to put it in the fridge, it fell... and it was really hot... but it is all good, just hurt for a little bit. I am not burned, I was mostly just frustraed that it dropped because then I didn't even get to eat it. And the cake I made got burnt because I was trying to clean up the mess... but it was fun, well it is funny now! ha:) I think I will stick with cooking in America, it is just a little easier.
So this morning I was studying in 1 Nephi 21, and it is when Isaiah is talking and he talks about how a mother won't forget her children, and that Christ will never forget us. Anyway, thanks mom for your love and worry for me:) I love you. And I want you to know that our Savior loves us very much, and He is always there for us and wants the best for us, that we can do the best.
I also have done a lot of thinking on how sound the gospel is, it just makes sense, I love it! I love studying and loving to see how simple it is, but yet at the same time how complicated it is. Then, another quick thought, people here are just the opposite of Joseph Smith because they believe that all the churches are true because they are following Chirst. Like, there are so many different churches here, but unlike Joseph they don't worry about which one is the true church, they just think that they are all good because they teach of Christ. Anyway, it is just frustrating.
The church is true, I want to testify of that! This is the Lord's work and it is here to help us. Mom, I love you more than you will ever know. I hope that all is great with you and the family and hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween! All my love forever!
Elder Grover





