3/09/2016

Argentina - September 28, 2015

Conference week!
Did you like the whole spiderman thing? Well, the webs are not coming out, so I've still got to work on that, but don't worry mom, I was very careful and went to the doctor and got things taken care of and now it is all gone, don't worry!:)
That is great that you guys survived homecoming week! Crazy to think that it was 2 years ago when I had homecoming week! I hoped that everyone enjoyed it and disfruted the time!:) That is weird, I just put a Spanish verb with the English ending on it.. oh well, ha.
Hunting! That is awesome, I hope that they have success in their hunting, and that all goes well. If they get anything, they better send me a picture!!! Tell JD happy birthday for me. They eat pasta here, something like spaghetti, not like you make it, but close, don't worry I will show you when I get home, all my secrets that I have developed in the art of cooking:) Some missionaries are horrible cooks, but me on the other hand, I'm pretty good.  I found my downfall, dulce de leche, it is so, so good, I good live on it! Lately, the food we have been getting from members has been like pork, like these roast things, it has been pretty good but definitely not American food. And coke, wow, I am addicted!  There are like 5 flavors of pop here coke, apple, orange, and lime. Yeah, time is going fast, in October I will almost have a year in Argentina, and that is weird! Yeah, I don't know if the mom was like that last night, we saw it last night and it just looked really big, but that was like at 8. You guys just need to find something you guys can do together, that would be fun, idk like make a quilt or read the Book of Mormon together, or maybe you guys could cook things or bake things, just because you can:) New things you have never made or things you want to try, or teach her how to sew or scrapbook or knit or anything, there are lots of things that you can try. When we are busy we are less likely to worry, and that way you guys can make a friendship that will last an eternity! 
I have a quote for you from Boyd K. Packer, "a veces, mientras crecía, pensaba que éramos pobres," escribió en una historia breve de su vida " luego me di cuenta de que no ere cierto; simplemente no teníamos dinero. siempre fuimos ricos en las cosas más importantes de la vida". 
Okay, now I will translate it for you, "at times, while I was growing up, I thought that we were poor" he wrote in a brief history of his life, "later I realized that it wasn't true, simply we never had money, but we were always rich in the important things in life".
Okay mom, when I read this it made me think of you and our life, at times maybe we didn't have a lot of money, but mom I promise that we were always rich in other things. I don't why, but I felt strongly that I should share that with you.  Mom, looking back I felt like I was very blessed in the things that are important, thank you for giving me the blessings that are the most important in this life! I did not have a problem with the way I was raised, and money doesn't matter, only the gospel and our testimonies matter.   
The John Tanner Story is a great example, and also the story of Alma, he was the chief judge, making money with that, but gave it up to serve a mission. And there are more stories just like that, so the things of the world don't really matter. What I have found in this life is that the things of the Gospel are much more important, keeping the commandments and having a family and following Christ!
This week I finished the book of mormon in Spanish, this what I started after I got here, in my studies I study one chapter a day, I really study it.  Then I started to just read it, and it is weird because now I can understand the first of it in Spanish, the last time I didn't understand it at all when I started the mission, the gift of tongues is real! :) So with some of our investigators, we have had people with very interesting doubts, mainly with the bible, so I have been learning more about the bible and how to use it. 
So this week should be good, us and another ward are going to be watching Meet the Mormons, so I hope that goes well also. General Conference!!!!! I am so excited!!! It should be super great! So I want to invite everyone to watch every session and really take in the words that they will be saying, and the importance of it. And we are going to see 3 new apostles... wow, crazy! It is going to be super crazy!!! Mom, I want you to write me and tell me what you learned and what you would like to apply.  But mom, I love you and hope you have a wonderful week! I know this church is true and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that a person can really get closer to God when they read it and follow its teachings!
Love Elder Grover
PS I bought a pull up bar.. we will se how that goes!:)