3/29/2016

Argentina - November 9, 2015

Good Afternoon Mother,
Hey mom, I am doing great, how are you doing? Don't worry too much, I am doing pretty good, pretty dang good.! No need to worry:)  But no, this week was really good. I still cannot believe that Amanda is married, that is crazy! But that is true with Candice, it is weird how everyone is just getting more related to one another!  Ha, it is so funny. But I hope it was good and that you guys enjoyed the wedding... food, that sounds really good right now.  Dang, too bad about the football team.. but that is crazy that I will be there for the next football season.. that is just to crazy. I can't believe that football season is already over! 
Holy cow, what is McKady doing taking senior pictures, she is too young to be doing that! They look really good! And she is going to be taking more? That is really cool, they look really good, just keep her away from the boys, especially returned missionaries! 
This week has been really good! We have had a great week here in Vera. Last week we spent the whole day moving the stuff from the Hermanas' pension to our pension, it was lots of work and now all the stuff that was in their apartment is now in our apartment.. so we can't even hardly walk in our apartment! So we will have to see, we will have to wait some time before we know what we need to do with all the stuff. So our apartment is dirty.. but there is not much that we can do about it.. 
and then we got to know a new investigator that we picked up from the Hermanas, and he is super awesome! His name is Ramon and he is 19, he has come to church a lot, but he has a problem with smoking. He is getting better because he used to smoke more than 3 packs of cigarettes a day... but now he has anywhere between 1 to 5, so that is what we are focusing on with him.  He came to church and has help and support from a family he pretty much lives with, and they are great with helping him. He grew up in a rough situation.. but he is great and wants to change and wants to serve a mission someday. So that is exciting, and if all goes well we are planning to baptize him on the 21 of November.
Then Wednesday we traveled to Reconquista for our Renuion de Zona, and it was really good but it didn't leave much time for us to work in our area, but we did get some hours in so that was good! The meeting was mainly about the Book of Mormon and how we have the challenge to read it this month, and so far it is going good. We also learned how the Book of Mormon can help us in our lives and in the lives of the people that we teach.
Then we will go to Friday, which was also really good. So we went and taught Ramon at the house of the members, and then they wanted to go and teach his boss, he works for the police, so we went and taught his boss and his boss's wife, they are actually married, which is crazy. But there are some problems there and that is why they wanted us to go and teach them. The member, Valina was bearing her testimony about families and it was just so powerful, the other girl started to cry, it was just a very spiritual moment, so we will see how that goes because they are super awesome! 
So we will go to yesterday, which was also a very great day! So we were walking to a lesson and this guy stops us and he says, "I need help, I need God in my life". So we said, "okay, we will help you". It turns out that is wife left him and he is just a wreck right now, and so we taught him a little about the plan of salvation and told him that we would come back tonight, so we are going to go by and talk to him tonight and see how it goes. But then we had a great lesson with our investigator, he works on a farm and is only here on weekends, but he said he wants to get baptized, but he also smokes a lot.. so we will need to work with him on that.  So anyway, it was just a week full of good things, we had good lessons and I am excited. We have lots of potential and the branch has lots of room to grow. There is so much we could do, but it would be nice if we had, like, our ward because we can't be home teachers, councilors and missionaries, but we are getting our hands on it. So that is the week, it has been good. Well mom, I hope that you have a wonderful week, just want you to know that I love you guys very much, and that I think you guys are the best! Mom, I love you, thanks for your letter. Tell everyone that I love them, and that I have the best family in the world.
love Elder Grover
P.S. A hermana said she sent you a facebook request but you didn't answer... Heranina Morillo is her name, but it might be Familia Morillo, but yeah, love you mom!:)