3/09/2016

Argentina - October 20, 2015

Week 1 in Vera
 
Hey mom! :) Things are great here in Argentina.  Well, emergency transfers happen a lot, and to secure your mind, our president said that 99 percent of the time they are for other reasons than not being good, but I'm being honest, that they moved me because a missionary got sick, and I am training, so yeah, ha, don't think I am bad, okay:) Of course I am teaching him to be a good missionary, to work hard and to enjoy the bad just as much as the good, and to enjoy every minute!:) Now you can get any thought of me being a bad missionary out of your head! Ha, no worries and look at the good :) Sometimes we quote 8 Seconds and John Wayne movies, ha, and I am sure I would beat him in a wrestling match, if we could wrestle, ha! Speaking of which, I am 160 right now... I need to lift weights, but we don't have any. But don't worry, we are healthy and have some great members who feed us well!
That is too bad that the team didn't make state, but it is cool that McKady did so good.  And that is all that matters, doing the best that we can do, sometimes things don't turn out as we hoped, but if we do our best, nothing else matters!
They both got deer? No, they didn't tell me, and I didn't get any pictures! That is awesome that they both got one though, where they big? That is so cool! Tell JJ and Tamra to shoot some big deer and then send me some pictures! Jade is  tough kid, he will be just fine! But I can't blame him for struggling with the city, it is just a little better in small towns, I am not a big city person either, ha!
So, a little about last week, Tuesday we traveled about one and half hours to get to where we were supposed to go. Then when we got back we had a meeting for the branch presidency, that was good. So we are working with 2 investigators, and one has a husband in jail and can't come to church, or won't come because it just so happens that visiting hours are the same time as church.  Anyway, the other one has a husband who cut his foot with chainsaw so she has to take care of him, and can't come to church. But we have found people who could progress, and so the work could go good! Then Friday we had an activity in the church for Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day from Argentina, mom! I love you! Anyway, the activity was really good, and then in the morning we did service for  member and a friend of his, it was really good! Then Sunday was crazy! The branch president was not there, so it was just me and my companion.  So I conducted the meeting and then gave a 30 min. talk, I hope it was good. But then it gets better, all the members left after the second class, so it was just us 4 missionaries, and the hermanas couldn't be with us so they went to their apartment to have relief society, and we had priesthood...very interesting. But then yesterday was transfers so we worked, and P-day is today! But I a m doing good and I am nice and happy here in Vera. I hope everyone is doing great, and that this week goes super well for everyone.  Mom, I love you so much and am very grateful for your emails every week, they are great! I want you guys to know that I know the Lord loves us and that He is with us, but we need to put in our part to get to know Him and how He talks to us.  Thanks for all the love and support, hope all goes well! 
Love Elder Grover