2/12/2013

MTC - January 22, 2013


Hello Mom!!!
I'm sorry about the crazy church stuff, I know how you feel, every day is crazy like that here:),  but I really like it. Sundays here are really awesome though. We had a fireside and the new MTC president did a really cool meeting.  He says it is a really exciting time for the missionary effort.  He says that this generation is a very special and prepared generation. He seems like he will do a really good job, and he is super excited about being involved in the work in this really special time.  Yeah, the day I came in, the opening meeting was also very special because it was the last presidents final group to welcome to the MTC, and the spirit was also very strong. But back to Sunday, after the fireside we watched a talk from Elder Bednar that he did on Christmas morning a few years ago about the "Character of Christ". If you can find it on something you should watch it if you have time, it is kinda long but its amazing. It is my inspiration talk from now on. Through all that Christ went through, he never thought about himself, in any of it. But when something happens to a natural man, he turns inward to himself. When we go through something hard all we think about is, help me focus on me, or if we accomplished something great, we say look at me. Christ did the opposite, he always tried to help others, even in the worst of times.  And in the scriptures when he conquers the devil, it says he was encircled with angels, in the JST he sent hosts of angles to help John the Baptist in prison. Anyway, in the talk it will explain what I'm trying to say a little better, so try to find it and tell me what you think. But that's what I'm doing out here, I'm not out here for my own gain, but to give back to Christ and give to others that need Him in their lives.  But things are really great here, don't worry, it's a blast! I love my companion, Elder Robertson, he is really awesome!  He is a very strong in the gospel, he is helping me out tremendously  I haven't received the stuff, but I got your Dear Elder letter, and thank you, it made me  really happy! But I have to go, I'm running out of time. Did you get my letter? I love you all! Thank you so very much!
Elder Jade Merlin Grover