2/14/2013

California - February 4, 2013


Well Hello!!!!
How are you all back at home? Yesterday we had Stake Conference, yeah for all of Northern California. It was broadcast from Salt Lake and Elder L. Tom Perry spoke, it was all directed to missionary work and how people need to get more involved and missionaries need more referrals and that members need to help in the teaching. I wish all this excitement over missionary work happened 2 years ago, haha! But Jade will definitely see good things during his mission.  Crazy that he leaves the MTC already, seems just like yesterday that he went in. Time is going by way too fast! So cool news, my "Boy", the missionary I trained is training, yeah a Spanish Elder is coming in a couple weeks early due to him being a native Spanish speaker, so Elder Reid was selected as his trainer.  And get this, he is from Dubai! Yeah, my grandson is from Dubai, and originally from Ecuador, haha, it is pretty cool. So for the conference yesterday I ended up doing a little Spanish translating for a lady who came. When I say a little, I really just did a prayer. There was a member who was helping out, but he gave the closing prayer so I translated it for her. But then we talked and she was super excited to have found a good church, so I got her address and guess what? Missionaries will go by to teach her...... Yeah Elder Reid and his new comp, my posterity :) Yeah, it was just really cool, and good to practice my Spanish, it is a little rusty. I then went and taught an investigator for some missionaries, and he only speaks Spanish, so it was basically me and a member teaching, so well, basically me, and it went really well! I committed him to February 23rd to be baptized, he is praying about it he is trying to give up drinking, so it will be hard, but his wife was baptized several months ago, so we are trying to get the family unified in the church. Our areas are running a little slow, we boomed in December and January and so February is looking a little dim, but we have strong hopes for the end of the month, and we know good things can happen here. We are excited, Tina is doing great, progressing really well, and hopefully this weekend or next weekend we will be having her baptism, so that is really exciting!!!! We are hoping  this week goes good, a lot of our investigators are 49ers fans, and well they lost the Super Bowl yesterday, so we will see how it goes. Missionary work was a little rough yesterday due a lot to the fact that everyone was watching the game, due in large part that the 49ers are local, so people who don't even really like sports were watching it and cheering on the 49ers. But, I guess the Ravens came out on top, so we will see, maybe they will be more humble and ready to receive the message ya know, haha, it could be a tender mercy.
It is great to hear of all the missionaries that are heading out, it is really exciting to see them going out to serve the Lord, it is a true blessing for them and for those they will come in contact with.
I love you all so much!!!!!!
Love Elder Grover