Pictures from the MTC
At the airport, ready to fly out. Jade's older brother Jordan works for the MTC, and was able to see Jade before he left . . . what a blessing. Two amazing young men!!!
Things were a little crazy at the airport with so many missionaries trying to call home. After waiting in line for a long time, Jade's flight was called right after he made the call, so he didn't get to talk long. So in his rush to get to his flight, he left his coat at the airport. He called home again from Detroit to let his mom know and ask her to try to track it down for him. It took awhile, and more than several phone calls and emails, but the coat was found, and is on its way back to Blanding. It will then be sent to Jade in Indiana; being the type of guy that gets cold easily, it will be much appreciated! Another one of the Lord's tender mercies.
Mom! How Are Things!
Tell the Family Hi and that I love you all so very much! First week in the mission field and holy cow does it hit you with full force! But all is well, can't say it is not hard, because it is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I know God is with us, and I have seen him comfort me when I really needed it. I am serving in Richmond, Indiana. Holy cow, when you think getto, you think of Richmond, but I was really happy to find that there are some good, nice neighborhoods in this place as well. The ward seams really nice, kinda wierd though, it is most definitely not a Blanding, Utah ward, but it's the closest thing to home I have out here. And man, I wish I got to like knocking on doors a little more before I came out here, but I guess I'll just have to learn now, huh? My companion, Elder Syrett from Brice Valley, is really cool though, we get along really great. But it is way crazy that this is his first time training and he has only been out for four months, so we are still both learning at the same time, but we are learning too, that is the key. What's really cool though is that we now have two investigators with baptismal dates and another lady that said as she comes to know the truth that she would be baptized. Yeah, it was me that extended the invite, haha! It was actually the Lord, but he lead me to do it, and it was like only my third day out. So there is a lot of good things to come out of Richmond, we just have to dig it out. I hope everything is going well at home. I love hearing from you, and how things are going. As a missionary I now know how important hearing from family really is. God bless you all and remember how much I love you.
Love your Son, Elder Jade Grover





