2/14/2013

California - January 28, 2013

Elder Reid and I at the temple
Elder Reid (my Boy) Me, Elder Torres ( Elder Jensens boy, Elder Jensen was trained by elder Flores as well), Elder Sempf (Elder Torres Boy) Its like a family photo :) 
A big Group of us Spanish Elders at the temple. I am now the veteran Spanish Elder, haha to bad i am not in Spanish work :(
Hello Wet and Snowy Blanding, UT!!
Haha, you're right, it is nice and sunny here, I am currently wearing a short sleeved shirt and sunglasses, that's the evidence of the weather here. I heard that Utah had a super bad freezing rain storm..... the day we had all the missionaries flying home, and they got delayed and sent up to Boise. So I heard it was pretty CRAZY! Here it has been pretty nice and yes, Uncle Bruce was in my ward yesterday. It was really weird to see family on my mission. I thought I would be able to handle the go back home and be a normal person thing, I think it showed me that I probably won't, haha, sorry. Everyone in the ward kept coming up and saying, "did you know your uncle is here?" Haha, it was really nice to see him, he is doing good. Have you talked to him recently? 
Things are going good here, Elder Jones from Meridian is a lot of fun, we have been teaching and doing work and hope to see some miracles here. February is creeping up mighty quick and it is a short month, so we got to get people ready for baptism now so they can be baptized in February.  We have some good investigators in the YSA ward. Tina is progressing very well, she is just afraid to tell her dad about wanting to get baptized, but she fasted yesterday so we are hoping that it goes well and we can be having another baptism soon. She has a friend named Shelly that comes to church and is really nice to us, but she won't meet with us, even when we just invite her to come when we visit Tina. But things are getting better, so hopefully we can get it figured out and teach her as well. 
We got a huge group of Sisters (12) this last transfer, and 4 of those new ones are in my zone, haha! Yeah, it is crazy, our zone is 8 Elders and 8 Sisters, split right down the middle. So it is interesting that only 2 of the new 4 are of the new announcement of 19, but several of the others throughout the mission also are 19. Next transfer we are getting a huge group of new missionaries, 31 to be exact. Yeah, haha, that is a lot, and there is only 9 going home, so we increase by 22 missionaries! That is a lot of new areas to be opened up and lots more people to be taught. Maybe I will train a new 18 year old, haha :) I wish, haha, but hopefully Elder Reid, who I trained, will train this next transfer. :) We have a Spanish missionary coming here from Arabia, yeah, how crazy is that? And we will have a sister from Germany and an Elder from the Philippians as well, and of course a lot from Utah, no one I know though. Still cool, I love our mission! President and Sister Lewis are amazing!!! Being here near the office we get to see them a lot and they are just amazing, they are seriously the dad and mom of all the missionaries here; very inspired people! 
At the moment I don't think I need anything, doing good for now. Just trying to figure out how to get some stuff home, but I think I will try to find someone heading to Utah in the near future to take some of it. With General Conference coming up in April I think I will be able to find someone headed there, probably not Blanding, but Utah none the less :) Things are going good here, I am glad that all back at home is good! Good luck to Amber and McKady with Drill competition and Jens with Prom and Wrestling.  It sounds like Jens is kinda like me when it came to prom, I was asked to promenade long before I asked anyone to prom, it was more of a last minute thing. It will be fun. I hope all is well with Elder Jade Grover in the MTC. Does he have an e-mail address? I would like to send him an email just to say hi! But if not, just tell him hi for me, and wish him the best for me. If you could just forward his emails to me that would be good, and yeah :)
I think this was like the longest e-mail I have ever sent home, haha! I think I'm finally getting the hang of this, haha :) Well I love you all so much! God Bless!!
Love Elder Grover