2/14/2013

MTC - February 4, 2013


Dear Mom and Family,
Wow! Last day at the MTC! Crazy, at times it feels like I just arrived here, but on the other hand, it seems like every day has been a week long, haha! It really hasn't been that bad. But they were right, when I got here they said the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days.  But the Lord's blessings are great here, and you grow so much spiritually here, it's crazy. I have loved it though, and I am looking forward with anticipation to get out into the field.  But I am also getting really nervous, and I think I'll get really nervous when I need to get on the plane. It's going to be so cool to be able to fly, I've never been off the ground for that long, ever, this is going to be amazing! Well, we are leaving early in the morning, we leave the MTC at like 4. I was planing to buy a calling card, so you might want to expect a really early call! Unless you think it is to early, then you could just tell me :) But I really don't know how you would get a hold of me, so I guess I'll just have to call anyway! JK, of course I am going to call, I've got to let you know I am still alive right? Hey, guess what? For some reason we sat on the front row for the departure devotional, and I was asked to say the opening prayer, and that isn't even the crazy part. The first Counselor in the MTC presidency was conducting, and before we started he looked at his paper and saw that I was from the little town in the middle of nowhere known as Blanding, and guess what? That's where he grew up, well he at least went to San Juan High School, so I figure he grew up there. He told me the year, it was 60 something, I can't remember, it might have been 67, but idk. I asked him if he knew any Grovers, and he said that his math teacher was a Jess Grover! I said yeah, that is my Grandpa. He is President Hacking, I don't know his first name, but I bet you could look it up! Anyways, he was really excited to have a Blanding missionary, and as he introduced me to say the prayer, he talked about us both coming from a small town and that my grandpa was his high school math teacher, it was so cool! Small World! Oh, and do you remember Colten Roberts? He is the grandson of Jed Lyman. Well, he is heading out this Wednesday to Spain. When he saw that I said the prayer, he came and found me. And then in the big Sunday devotional with everyone, he sang a solo musical number, crazy stuff! I also ran into Elder Dylan Richmand, his visa didn't come through, and he ended up here, so I'm not alone in this little big place! Anyways, hope to talk to you tomorrow, I have to run. Love you much!
Elder Jade M. Grover