6/01/2009

Guatemala - June 1, 2009

Sounds like everything is going great and busy! That is good. Same here, just working hard. We have our first fecha (baptism) for this Saturday, her name is Cecelia, she is 20 and has a hard Catholic history. We have been working really hard with her for about a month and a half; she has some doubts, so can everyone pray for her? She needs a lot of help. I will tell her about Paige's baptism too, this will help. So Paige, this is your big day coming up! I just want you to know that your uncle down in Guatemala is very proud of you and your decision, but more importantly your Father in Heaven is very, very happy! There is a fiesta (party) in heaven every time another child enters in to this covenant. Always remember the covenant you are making, and the gift of the holy ghost that you will receive. Man, this could just about make me jump for joy! Estoy sad that I'm going to miss it, but ya, it is sweet. So this morning we went to some little ruins in our area, it was pretty cool. I will send some pictures sometime. So it has not rained every day here in Asintal, but when it does rain, everything gets wet and muddy! We were in the middle of a storm en martes and that was a journal entry. They say it will get to the point that every day will be hard, but I don't know. So life has been good for us here, we have worked really hard, but our area is just flat hard. The Lord has blessed us so much, and I'm happy. So, I have a great scripture (chapter) for you all to study, Alma 49. And remember while you read: proper preparation provides powerful protection! I liked it a lot. So I'm alive, no worries there :) Also, thank you for your prayers and love and everything! You all mean so much to me, thanks! Everyone put a smile on! Stay busy and work hard, but don't forget the most important parts of your day: prayer, scripture study, and family time! We had a great lesson in church about the importance of families and spending time with them, just like the bible says, there is a time for everything. I love you all and pray that God will be with you always!
Until next week, CON AMOUR
(with all the love he has)
Elder Grover