6/11/2009

Arakansas - June 8, 2009

Hey, how are you? You know, missions are crazy! They do so much to prepare you for life. You even develop typing skills, or at least I have. I am still very slow, but that is okay too. It is so good to hear from you all. I am sorry that I have not been keeping up with you in telling you what is going on. It has been alot of crazyness going on. It is a big change coming here to Arkansas. I just came from a little tiny area probably the smallest area in the mission, population wise, or rather I was in a very small town. This is not exactly a small town; those who live here say it is, but I dont know, it seems pretty big to me. I guess it is just because they are all grown together. The ward here is huge, like 2nd ward type huge. It fills up half the gym in the stake center, yeah it is that big. Everyone works for Walmart, of course. The more I learn about Walmart the more it intriges me. We actually drove right past the home office when we drove through here, but I'll bet you didn't recognize it because it looks like an old high school. I thought that was kinda weird, but no one has offices, even the executives work in cubicles, big cubicles, but cubicles none the less. Everything that they do is to help the consumer save money. It is interesting, but that is enough about that. I am serving with Elder Brady who is from Blackfoot Idaho. He is great! He has one of the most amazing testimonies ever. The work moves forward on the wings of angels (that means at Gods pace, or according to his will). We need to do everything that we can, and if (I emphasize the IF) we do all we can, then we depend on God for the rest! There is great power in the words "I am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise". That is not to say that those who aren't doing what they are supposed to do aren't going to have success, but they are living on borrowed time - kind of a scary proposition. Though we may not see it right away, it will come. I testify that Jesus Christ is real, that he lives, and that He loves us, and that is what it is all about. Keep reading, praying, and sharing the gospel. I challenge you to share your testimony twice this week to someone you don't know. he he!
I love you forever
Elder Jordan Grover