5/29/2009

A letter from the field. . .

We got the following letter from a member in the ward where Jordan was serving in Gore, Oklahoma:
Dear Brother & Sister Grover,
We are the Huckbays from Gore, OK. We just wanted to write and let you know what a fine job your son, Elder Grover, is doing. He served in our ward for a short time and then was transferred to McAlister. About six weeks later he was transferred back to our ward. He is such a strong and spiritual person. We could tell he was a good missionary the first time we met him. I personally served a mission about 15 years ago in California and was so excited to finally meet a missionary with the same passion I had. Elder Grover was a great inspiration to our whole ward. It rained a little over 18 days straight. The rain can be a little depressing, but not for Elder Grover. He would come to church with a huge smile on his face and say, "what a beautiful day, I love the rain". He helped us see through the rain and see the beauty in each day. Even the young women that I serve over noticed what a great example he was. My family and I wanted to write and thank you for letting your son come and bless our lives. This past week he was transferred out of our ward again. We will miss him. He has such a strong testimony. He has really touched us and we will never forget his smile.
Thanks for supporting him
Love,
The Huckbays
Rick, Ronda, Lindsay, Alexis, Courtney, and Kendra