Hi mom,
What a long week! But it was great! Things are going great this week! Hmm, which airport do I want to fly into? I will get back with you next week on that, same with your question about school (prayer). But the reason that my return date is a week early is that they are changing the amount of time people who are not learning a language stay in the MTC, now it will be 3 weeks. So yeah, this transfer is only 5 weeks long, but it is all good, ha. I will think about it, ha! Well, there is other things I need to do too, but we will see, ha! This area is awesome!!! We see miracles every day, and there is always a lot to do!
What a long week! But it was great! Things are going great this week! Hmm, which airport do I want to fly into? I will get back with you next week on that, same with your question about school (prayer). But the reason that my return date is a week early is that they are changing the amount of time people who are not learning a language stay in the MTC, now it will be 3 weeks. So yeah, this transfer is only 5 weeks long, but it is all good, ha. I will think about it, ha! Well, there is other things I need to do too, but we will see, ha! This area is awesome!!! We see miracles every day, and there is always a lot to do!
This last week was super crazy! I will tell you all about it, ha! My new companion is awesome, he has one more transfer than me, and he is from Riverton, Utah and his name is Elder Miles, he is great, it is fun! With all the sisters? Well, we will get to that in a little bit, ha!
So last Tuesday we had leadership counsel, which was really fun. We talked about the video we are going to share for Easter. Then we spent a lot of time talking with the presidente and his wife about the video, and then we talked about all the investigators in our zone. The other leaders talked about their needs and what problems they have getting people to reach baptism, it was good, I learned a lot! And all the missionaries that were there were really great!! After that, we had a meeting with the stake president and some other zone leaders here in Resistencia. It was good, I think that a little more could have been accomplished, but it was good. Then that night we had the two elders that were staying here for transfers come to our pension, and so one of them was Elder Howes, the kid that I trained! So that was super exciting. He went with me in the morning to do divisions the next morning, and that was really fun. After lunch we had a zone meeting where we talked about what president talked about the day before, and then we started divisions with the other district leader in our zone, so that was interesting because I haven't been in my area very long, but it was good. I was with Elder Burk, he has one transfer more than me and he is the mission nurse, so if someone is sick they call him, but it was fun, he is a great guy! Then the next day we went to his area, which is in Las Palmas (my old area last year), it takes an hour and a half in bus. We came back to Resistencia about 5:30, then got some great charlas in after that. Then Friday was crazy too because we went to the pension of the zone leaders of Resi 2, we are the zone leaders of Resi 1, but anyway we went there and had some baptism interviews. My first interview, I interviewed this 8 year old girl named Celeste, it was super fun, she was really smart, but also really little, ha! Then Sunday we went to Colonio Benitez, that is a town like 20 minutes from Resistencia, but it is in our area and that is where the ex-temple president lives, and we went to see him. Then, he went to a lesson with us to some of our investigators and it was great, he is a super smart man. He was a college professor of philosophy, it was a really spiritual lesson, and both of the investigators that were there came to church! Yay! Sunday was great, we had 3 investigators in church, and there was 100 people total, that was cool! And the best part . . . we have a baptism this weekend! Her name is Fiorela, she is 9 year old and part of a less active family that we are reactivating! So that is the week, but this week should be super fun, I am excited. We won't have as many things that we need to do, so we will have a little more time to work, which is going to be nice. Oh yeah, the story about the hermanas, we call them every night to make sure they are in the pension and safe, so we called these hermanas and they didn't answer. We called about 20 more times until like 10:15, so we called the assistants and they were about to go over to their pension to see if they were okay. Then they call us, and they are like, "sorry, our phone was on silent and we didn't hear your calls................ yeah, sisters! I was just super, super glad they were safe and that nothing happened! So that was also interesting, ha! So that is my week, pray so we can follow through with the baptism. I want you guys to know that I love you guys, mom you are the best! Oh yeah, today I got the calendar and a package from Candice! Tell her thank you so much, and mocho thank you for the calendar, it is awesome! I love you guys, the pictures of your bike trip look great!! Thank you so much! Have a wonderful week! And good luck with Sterling Scholar! Love you guys!
Love Elder Grover





