5/04/2016

Argentina - March 14, 2016

Como Estan!!!!!!!!!
Hey mom!:) 
Well.. with the decisions ... how about we talk more about that next week? I need a little more time to think it over.. :) That is awesome that she was able to go and be there for the experience, what she learned was far more valuable than winning! It is all about the experience! And learning! If we are always learning, that is what matters! It is time to enjoy, we just need to have fun and look forward to the new changes with life! So it is great spring break this week, I am excited for you guys! I hope that you guys have lots of fun and enjoy the time, and the work! There is always something to learn and some little miracle that we see every day! When the day is crappy, like legit crappy, just enjoy it and laugh it off and keep going, it is those times we find out that we are not perfect! Sometimes crap happens, haha, sometimes a lot, but you know life, gotta love it:) The baptism went really well! 
The baptism went great, the whole family was there and we had members help and bring cake, so it was really great! But we felt so bad, she kind of got scared when she first she got in the water and didn't want to do it, but then her mom gave her a pep talk and she got the courage and then she was able to be baptized! It was a great experience! Also, there is a friend of that family that we will start teaching, and the girl's dad, who is not a member, came. That was the first time he had ever gone in the church, all the other kids where jealous because he didn't go to their baptisms.  But the mom said he liked it, so I guess we will see what happens there. So all in all it was a great day, I had a great time! So then we were waiting for them to come for her to be confirmed, and they barely made it in time! I guess that the power went out where they live, so when they woke up they didn't know what time it was, but they made it, so it was good ! All is good :)
They week was pretty good, for the most part, we had some people give us food this week so we didn't have to buy any, so that is always nice! We found some new people, and yesterday we were talking to this awesome family that lives in Colonio Benitez, that is a little town about 30 min from Resistencia, so we took a bus out there.  Anyway, we are going to start working with the guy's daughter, who is 12. The mom, Sister Garner, she has been a member for a long time. She lived in the US for a little bit because she was about to marry a missionary, but she didn't. She came back and married a guy that already had a daughter, he got baptized for her, then stopped going to church.  So then she wanted to divorce him, she is a lawyer by the way.  Anyway, before I got here the missionaries helped him out and now he comes to church, so we are going to start helping his daughter. They told us some crazy things about Hitler, that he didn't really die, but came to Argentina, I guess there is like a TV show about it on the history channel, and part of it was in our mission, so maybe you will have to go watch it!  The trip home was interesting. So we've got some great things going for us in our area and in the zone, also the hermanas will have a baptism, well one pair will. That is crazy that Heidi Hiatt is already home, ha! She will probably get married to Cole, or someone else fast. But I hope she had a great mission, that is cool that she did it, and wow, it's just a little weird because I went out before her, and now she is home before me. But anyways, all is well mom:) I want you to know that I love you and I hope that all is well with you and the family. Hope all goes well and that you guys can have a great week!  Tell everyone that I love them, and to have a great week!
love Elder Grover! :)