TRANSFERS ¿What happened? Y ¡Conference time!
Hello Mother! (the Best Mother)
So this week was really great, but to answer your question about Easter... I was a little disappointed. So we have been sharing the video that the church made about Easter, and I was super excited to go to church and hear about it a little more. There was not a single talk or lesson that had anything about Easter! I was very disappointed because everything we believe in is that act of the atonement and the fact that Christ was resurrected, and they didn't say anything about it! But, I was able to read about it in my studies after church, so we are good! I did find out some really interesting things about Easter during my study, but I will talk about that a little later.
Snow? Wow, that is crazy, it is almost April?! and it snowed, that is crazy loco, ha. I am glad that you guys went anyway to have a little fun for Easter, sounds like it was great, just the regular great times at Easter. Well maybe McKady would or would not have beaten me;) Tell her that she needs to go to hunter safety so that she can hunt, then we can see how good of a shot she really is;) The Easter dinner sounds like it was really good, I want a good ham, you can't eat red meat here, weird huh? So a little about Easter here in good old Argentina. Pasca, in English that means Passover, or Easter, not really the name that was used in old times but it is used now, but it was originally called the passover. The passover was celebrated when the destroying angel passed over the houses in Egypt, and then it was made a holiday celebration thing. When Christ came to Jerusalem, he rode in at the first of the week, so that is when they start the celebration for Holy Week, people here call it Semana Santa, or holy week. Then, when Christ was resurrected, it was the passover. There is a lot of symbolism here because we know that each house in Egypt had to sacrifice a animal to be saved. Just a little about what I learned in my studies, I think the bible dictionary is a lot better than google;) Here, during the week of Semana Santa they don't eat red meat, they are supposed to just eat fish, but most people don't care, ha! And they watch a lot of Christ movies that are on the TV, some are good and some others, well I don't know because I haven't seen them. Everyone talks about watching the Passion of Christ, I think it is rated R, but at least they are learning about Christ a little. Then they make chocolate eggs for their eggs and they have their Easter bunny. They also eat this type of cake, I can't remember the name, but it was great. What happened is the owner of our apartments invited us to come and eat the Easter eggs and other things with them, she is very Catholic so she has a lot of different ideas, but she is very nice and she loves the missionaries!)
So we watched Finding Faith in Christ with her and her kids, and we shared some information about the restoration, it was a great!:)
This week was a great one, like always! We had divisions and I went to La Leonesa with Elder Garcia, he is from Mexico. He is a stud, a very, very hard working missionary (he just got made zone leader) but it was great to go and learn and help him out. So that area is close to my old area, Las Palmas, and we went and ate at a member's house over there. This member is very special because about a year ago she was my investigator and she has since been baptized, her son was baptized as well, and her Daughter, who just turned 8, is going to be baptized. She is also the first counselor in the relief society, miracles! I do testify that they do happen! It was a great moment.
They were working with the sisters in our district, so I was able to go and do the baptism interview and it was amazing. They had a little problem with the water (someone stole the water pump), anyway, and it was cool because one of the sisters went home today.
We have had a few changes because there was transfers. Any guesses? I stayed, ha! But my companion left and is now is a branch president... he was a little nervous. But I am still here and I have a new companion, Elder Swingle, he came the same time as me so I already know him, he is a great guy and I am excited to start and go to work:)
But conference already? Is that not crazy? It seems like just yesterday that we had one, but I am so excited! A little sad too, this will be my last conference in the mission, I cant believe it. But it is going to be great, and I hope that you guys can find the time to watch it all and enjoy it all! ha:)
I hope this week goes well and that you guys enjoy conference. I want you guys to know that I love you and always will! Mom, you are the best! Thanks for the email!
Love Elder Grover





