2/02/2015

Argentina - January 19, 2015

Hola la mejor madre en el todo mundo,
That is so crazy that Jade is coming home.. seems like it was just yesterday that he left!  It's weird to think I won't be able to see him for another year and a half... but then I think him and Jesse have not seen each other for like 4 years. You will have to send me a lot of pictures, that is going to be really exciting. So I have not gotten anything yet.. we are going to have interviews this Wendesday, so when the assistants come they should be bringing the stuff if it has gotten to the mission. I guess we will just have to wait and see - I really want the calendar!!  So this week we had a baptism, a girl named Soledad Malvina Benitez, I will send a picture next week if i can.  Anyway, she is a cousin to the family Benitez family that we baptized close to a month ago.  The work is good, we found a super cool family who the parents are members and have not been active for the past 8 years, they have 7 kids. The father was crying during the closing prayer, is was super spiritual.

Elder Grover's message to the Blanding 6th Ward:
There are lots of good things that are going on here in Fermosa Argentina... well first off, this last week I got bit by a dog... just on the pants though, thank goodness it didn't get my leg!  But all is good. I am super happy. So far I have only been in one area and that is the city of Fermosa, it is located in the province of Fermosa.  We have one stake here in the province of Fermosa. In our ward we have  close to 800 members, and this last week we only had 60 people in church, which is not good at all.  So there is a lot of work to be done here, the trick is trying to balance everything out. They made a new change in the South American area where we no longer record numbers, our main goals are to baptize, retain and reactivate. So in our day to day work we try our best to do all of these. We want to baptize and find the prepared people, but also keep the recent converts going and get the inactive to start coming to church again. We are really trying to focus on the spirit and recieving the spirit in our work, because it is only by the spirit that we can do these things. I have 3 stories that fit into each of these areas, the first is that God prepares people, there was a guy who came in to the church and said I want to be baptized because I read the book of Mormon and I know it is true, 3 weeks later he was baptized!  The next is about a whole family that just got baptized, they walked 3 miles in the rain to come to church! My heart was so spiritually touched when I saw the family walk in, dripping wet. And then the last is how by the spirit me and my companion were led to this new family with 7 kids, the parents are members but have been inactive for 8 years. It was not be accident that we found them. From all of this I know the church is true. I am where I am to help the people that God wants me to help. Always remember the importance of the sacrament, to take it every week and to become closer to our Lord and Savior.

Sorry it isn't super long, and probably not very good, but I've got to go, I ran out of time. Sorry, I type slow.. Mom, I love you! Hope your week is good.  Say hi to Jade for me. I love you and pray for you all!
Love Elder Grover