2/24/2015

Argentina - February 10, 2015

Hey mom,
My week has been pretty darn good. It sounds like everyone is coming home, but that is good because it means they served our Savior, it is a wonderful thing. I am sorry to hear about McKady's accident, but I am so very, very grateful she is okay. Remember the Lord watches over us in all we do, and we have angels around us at all times. I am really glad she is okay and that she was still able to do state drill, I hope she had lots of fun. So the little red car is dead...poor little car; it lived a good life though, but then McKady had to go and kill it..;) I am only joking. I am glad she is okay though, that means prayers are answered because I pray for your safety every single day.  So now she doesn't have a car, but she could walk, because that is what I do, all day every day. I walk and walk a lot! I have realized that walking to school or church in Blanding, or anywhere for that matter, would be a blessing. But I don't have holes in my socks and my shoes are still good, that makes a happy missionary. Jade is already getting to work huh, that is awesome! Great to hear he is dating a returned missionary, which makes it all the better, it means she has a strong testimony, which means God's team is the best team!!! I am happy to hear that. So things are progressing with Jesse and Malyn, that would have been nice to know;) Well you can't blame her mom for liking Jesse so much, he is awesome. So if I am understanding correctly, things are really good with Jordan and Erica, I think personally that they have the potential to be the first to get married, but just like in sports, whoever has the most drive, ha, I make myself laugh! But no, that is really cool and awesome to hear. Other than that all 3 will probably get married while i am gone...their loss because the best man for all 3 is preoccupied with other very important business for the Lord in Argentina. But really, it is exciting and I love to hear about it because they are my super awesome brothers whom I love very much. Except that they will leave me rockin' solo, wow I am on a roll! If you are wondering why this letter is cool and longish and more detailed, it is because Presidente Franco gave us 2 hours to write...crazy right? So I have all this time to write to my wonderful mother, whom I love with all my heart. Also, the reason I am writing today and not yesterday is because we had transfers, and I am now in a different area, well, I have been since like 10:00 last night. So my new area is in Chaco, the providence, it is like an hour from Resitencia and it is called Las Palmas.  Me and my companion are doing a white wash. There are no addresses here, and that makes following up on what the other missionaries did very difficult. Oh, my companion is Elder Trotter from Gilbert, Arizona. He has a year in the mission, so we are just going to do amazing. It was sad to leave my last area, espacially with that family we just found, but they are going to be just fine. I am excited to see how it works out here, it might be a rough couple of weeks but it will be great. The church is like a 40 minute walk from our apartment...oh yeah, walking is awesome! So that is the big news of this week, other than that is was just great, like always, preaching the gospel. Oh, and my zone has the apps and all the office elders do too, so that will be good to be able to learn more. Oh, I ran the other day, and I am sore...just to let you know. So I got the Christmas package, did you see the picture I sent? Anyways, and then I got the Chirstmas card from Amber; tell her thanks, I love the pictures. I don't know if you sent anything besides the calender, which I hope I get this next week, because we have a multi-zone conference and it is in the mission office, slash stake building, so I should be getting things then:) Oh, and I wanted to tell everyone a neat story, well kind of, because it was during my personal study. I had the wonderful opportunity to read in Alma 5, amazing! I would suggest that everyone read it. It makes you think a lot and the questions Alma writes are amazing, we need to ponder them, and I did - super amazing. Anyways, hope everyone has a wonderful week. I want you to know I love everyone very much. Mom, you are amazing and I love you very, very much! I am extremely grateful to have a wonderful mother like you.  I pray every day for you, just want you know that.  Just remember to be happy every day, love every second we have. The gospel is true, I know it with all my heart, I could never ever deny because I have felt it so strong. Jesus is the Christ and through Him we can become clean, to return to our Father. My goal lately is to make me sacrament experience more spiritual and apply the atonement more in my life, and I invite everyone to do the same. I think that is all, well all the stories I got for now. Wait, I've got one more, I was drinking a coke in the street because it was so, so hot, and then these kids came and asked for it, but the big mean Elder Grover didn't give it to them. Anyways the kids had killed like 5 little birds with this sling shot thin, even killed a hummingbird. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week. Don't keep the faith...share  it!:) Oh, one more thing, you can't get mad at how bad my spelling is because here in Argentina on these computers, everything is spelled wrong! I've got one more thing, my apartment is a lot better than my other one and that makes for a very happy Elder! Once again, I love you all! Tell everyone hi and that I love them, and to remember the God loves them also.

Love Elder Grover