6/08/2011

California - May 23, 2011

Hello family,
I am sorry you didn't receive the pictures I sent, they were really cool. You might be able to log on to my mylds mail account - mom, you have the password - because they will be there. This week started out really well, we had our firm give us his coffee, and his lessons were going great. We were teaching lessons like crazy, lots of contacts, and we added three new investigators. But the end of this week was a humbling experience:( All of our lessons fell through! We had 8 lessons set up for Saturday, and guess how many we taught? Zero! We couldn't get a hold of our RC, and our firm lost his job, well kind of, he is a fruit vendor, and the health inspectors took all of his produce, so we never could find him to teach him. We had like 5 people say they would come to church, and none of them did - not even our firm, so his is not longer set up for baptism this week:( We are finally giving up on some really nice people, but they won't come to church and they have been being taught for a long time. It's sad, but we can't waste our time on them, we need to find people who want to follow Christ. I know that this is just missionary work, but it is really sad, there are time I wish that they would just forget everything else and learn the gospel because we know that it will help them so much! But, it is their choice, our job is to bring them the gospel, and they can choose to accept it or reject it.
Well, I am glad that we all lived through the end of the world, haha, did you hear about that? We had lots of people ask us if the world was really going to end, and we would say "no". We talked to several people who were sure it was going to end, we told them that we were sure is wasn't, and that if Sunday came and the world hadn't ended, they should come to church with us, ha ha! Tell Cooper congrats on his mission call, and tell him to write me and tell me for himself - what a bum, j/k, ha ha! Did you get my cards that were like a couple weeks late - sorry, I'm super busy out here serving, it's great! I will try to keep you updated and try to stay up with all the events. Time is flying by, so I am trying my best to make every moment count out here. I only have 2 years, and I've got lots of work to do. NO EXCUSES, NO REGRETS, right? Ha ha! I got a wedding announcement from Jennifer and Marcus - where is JJ and Tamra's? How are all those plans coming? I need Tamra's address, I have a letter for her, but I only have her Logan address, and school is like out, so . . . yup, ha ha! I love you all a ton! Keep being awesome!
Love, Elder Jesse Grover
P.S. So, when I got the packet, and it said ties should not be bright colors, they were serious! I have ties I can't wear, I guess I could, but I am not a rebel, so I won't. So if you ever send ties - no bright stuff, sad day! I love all my bright ties, but President Jardine knows what's best for us as we work here in Sacramento, haha! I LOVE YOU!