Hola, como estan?
How is good ol' Blanding, ha ha? It is crazy to think that it is May and school is getting out and stuff. It's working time around here, which is good because I love the work - it is hard, but very worth it! Missions are great! We had our baptism on Saturday, for Celest Belen Basuldua, she is nine, but very smart. Her mom is less active. It was a great experience. Elder Chorino, who was here before I came, did the baptism, and Elder Flores did the confirmation, so that left me with the presentation. Since all the missionaries were bringing investigators to the baptism, I got to teach the first lesson, or the restoration, in Spanish - and English, because there were English speakers there too. It was very difficult, but it helped me a lot in learning Spanish. Guess what? Another crazy thing happened; we were in church and an investigator who lives in our area came, and he has already set a baptismal date for the 28th! Crazy huh? The rule is that an investigator must attend church at least 3 times before they can be baptized, but his brother is a member, and he has come with him before. The work just moves on. We have lots of other investigators who are all super awesome, they just need to come to church. It is hard for them because they don't own cars, and most of them can't afford to pay for a bus. Also, they are often sick or have to work. I know the Lord will find a way to help them so that they can attend His church and be baptized into it. Oh wow, I am really on a mission and learning Spanish - it's so crazy! Oh, I love it out here; the work is so hard, but God blesses us every step of the way. Always remember that God is there and He does bless us. It may not always be the way we want - we may have to walk in a hail storm and knock on the doors of very rude people, but there will always be someone out there searching for the gospel in their lives. We talked to a man who said he was searching for religion because he knew he needed it, but he didn't want to have to put us though all of his mess. We told him that we were representatives of Jesus Christ and we share this message to help people repent and come unto Him. He pretty much begged us to return and share more, how crazy huh? He only spoke English though, so we don't get to teach him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him baptized soon, which is all that matters!
Love, Elder Jesse Grover
P.S. Sorry I e-mailed to early today. Last week we took an elder to urgent care, so our e-mailing was done later. We e-mail much earlier regularly, like maybe even earlier than this - sorry! I love you all and hope you have a great week. You are all the best, I love and pray for you all the time!





