6/08/2011

California - June 6, 2011

Thanks for the picture, that is awesome! I feel like I was really there, I got an invite to the sealing, and was there for the pictures! You have no idea how much that means to me, it really means so much! I really do have the greatest family ever! I know it has been crazy there for you, and I wish I could be there to help with it all, but I promise you that I am working hard out here. It is hard, but I love it, and I know God is watching over you all for me, that is the only way I can handle being away from you all for so long. I know God is there and that he cares for us, I know that! Know that I love my mission, it has been the best three months, even if it has been the hardest three months! But I can't imagine myself doing anything else. Transfers are almost here; yeah, one transfer down, time is flying by. We will find out next Monday if we are being transferred. I am glad the wedding went well, yeah it is crazy that he is married, but that is a step in life that we all have to take, in our time and in God's time. If we do what we are supposed to and trust in God, we will be helped and guided in all we do. That doesn't mean that it will be easy, because salvation isn't cheap. That is why missionary work is hard, because we are offering something so great and wonderful, but it required people to change their lives, and that is not easy. We could just go baptize people, but then they would leave the church because they didn't fully understand the gospel. We want people to stay members forever, not just while we are here trying to look good with so many baptisms. I would much rather baptize one person and have them stay active and devout than to baptize 100 and have them all fall away. Salvation isn't cheap, but God is there to help. Any crazy plans for the summer? Any trips, or was the wedding enough? Ha Ha! Weddings are a lot of work, but they didn't it right, they went to the house of the Lord to be sealed for time and all eternity. See, God has given us all the tools in this life that we need to return to Him, we just need to use them. That is what I am, a tool, haha! And God uses me to find His elect. I must offer the gospel to everybody, but they have the choice to follow or not, and it is my responsibility to be the best I can be so that it is not my fault when people choose not to follow Him. Oh, the gospel is great, huh? Well, we are working with another 9 year old girl, she is our only progressing investigator right now. Christ knew what he was talking about when he told us to become as little children, they want so bad to become like Christ. Her mom and her older sister are cool, but they are busy and can't make it to church much, but they are coming along. All we seem to teach is women, the men aren't as willing to listen. But, we found some really cool families we are working with, so it is great! I love you all so much! I've got to run, we have a lesson in a few minutes. Yeah, a lesson on P-day, but remember, salvation isn't cheap, we need to do all we can. I love you all so much! Keep in tune with you Father in Heaven and you will never go astray. The gospel is true, the book is blue, and I love all of you, haha!
Love Elder Jesse Grover