6/21/2011

California - June 14, 2011

Hello Family,
Good to hear that all is well. All is well here too. We just had my first transfer - have I already been out this long? Wow, I've got some serios work to do - I've got to pick up my game! Anyway, transfers are this week, and that is why I am e-mailing today instead of yesterday, and I am . . . . . staying here with my trainer, who was just made district leader, so I am still a trainee (probably because my spanish is so bad, haha). I've got so much work to do, please pray for me, I really need it! I know I was called to a Spanish speaking mission because for me being an English elder would be too "easy" and I would start to slack off, but as a Spanish elder, I have to work constantly or I fall behind. I can't fall behind because we are losing a lot of Spanish elders, and not getting new ones in, so I am going to have to step it up! Plus, I am getting a new mission president, and we have got to get a good start and progress every transfer - I only have 15 left! That is so weird, time is flying by too fast. So everything is well here, I love the missionary work, it is the best! Good thing they came out with "every member a missionary" because that way I can be a missionary forever! Get involved with the missionaries, we really appreciate members' help so much; feed them, give them rides, and tell them how awesome they are. Members are a huge part of missionary work. Take care and know that I love you all so much, and you are all awesome. God is watching out for me, he takes care of me every day, I know that. So just know that I am well and safe and loving the heat of Cali, haha!
Love,
Elder Jesse Grover