2/25/2011

Guatemala - December 13, 2010

Como esta la familia Grover!
Hey, it's great to hear from everyone and to know that all is well. Congrats to Jad and Jens on your wrestling. That is so good that you are getting good experience and growing. Jade, just remember, you are not boxing, so try to be more careful:) This is so cool that all is well, so just tell me when you know the dates for the state tournament cuz I want to see you both there. Man, mom, I can't believe you actually let Jesse go to California, I'm amazed! No, that is cool that he is focused on the mission. How about Jordan, the new Elders Quorum President? What a humbling calling! I have been learning a bit about the stewardship of leaders and I know God has a lot of confidence in him to give him this calling, he will do a good job. So, yeah, this week was crazy again, but the good Lord helped us out. In the zone there was three families baptized. And for us here, we had a wedding for Manrique and Zoila, but only Zolia and two of her children were baptized, we will continue working with Manrique and the other kids. God is opening so many doors here in Tiquisate and I'm ever so grateful to be here. I hope the good Lord helps me in the things I still need to overcome and pray for the people here, I love them. Even though we have passed through hard times and all, this really is a chosen people. Just a spiritual thought: yesterday was one of those days that it was so hot by 3 in the afternoon, and after two appointments fell through, we were really having a hard time picking up the spirit. Then we stopped by an old investigator's house. This investigator really does not want to go to church yet, but we talked with them about the Christmas season and the Book of Mormon, and how the two connected in Christ. Walking out of that house, I felt as if my cargas, or load, had been lifted. I know that if we remember Christ and apply His attributes this season, our loads will be lightened. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
con mucho amor para todos,
Elder Grover