Father Grover was stung by a bee last Friday, and he is severely allergic to them. We almost lost him, but thanks to a priesthood blessing, modern medicine, and a life flight to Grand Junction, he is still alive! When Elder J.J. Grover heard the news, this was his response:
I give thanks to my Father in Heaven for having mercy on me; I can't express how lucky and blessed we are! I am so thankful that you are alive Dad! I know that God and his Son live and that they are blessing us beyond measure. The tribulations that we receive are for our profit and learning. There is something God is preparing for us, and we need to stand firm on our foundation of Christ and preservera hasta el fin! Mom, what a blessing to be called to serve in the stake relief society. Serve your best, God calls the weak and humble and raises us to our full potential. I would like to be at home in these hard times but just imagine if we were not serving and receiving these blessings! We are all still alive and fighting, what a blessing the Lord has given us to be together still in this life, and in the world to come. I know we are in the true church and have the saving ordinances. I'm sorry, but I just can't put words in to this computer, Dad, but I love you and am so grateful you are still with me here in this world, I still have a lot to learn from you. I will write a letter too, but I struggle with the computer. I love you - keep fighting! Hoorah for Israel! the work of God will go forth boldly! I will keep trying to do my very best, but I wont lie, this life is not easy especially the mission. But the thing we all need to remember is that Jesus is on our side, call to the Father in his name to receive the strength, and I promise you, as a representative of him, that he hears the prayers of the faithful. Pray for strength cuz I am too. May our God continue to bless you and keep you. We will make it! If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. I want to hear how everyone is doing, and stories and all, if you have time to tell me. But, I know that our Father in Heaven is there for each us, hold to the faith! With all the love I have now and for eternity,
Elder Grover





