7/06/2009

Arakansas - July 6, 2009

Hi Mom, Sorry the email did not get to you last week. I got on, and it said that it had returned it; something about fatal errors and such - yikes! Oh well. Sounds like summer is going well for y'all. And the fourth was good. Speaking of fireworks. Out here they have firework displays but the crazy thing is that most fireworks are legal here. And We're not talking little sparklers, these are real shoot into the sky cablam fireworks. It is as close as I hope to ever be to a battle zone. They are just exploding everywhere. Just imagine being in the middle of a bunch of amature fireworkists with way too many explosives - yeah. We taught a lot, mostly visited members and shared about Independence Day and the fact that it is because of the freedom that we enjoy that the Gospel could be restored, isn't it wonderful? And here is a great story, the reason that I feel a bit jealous of Elder Grover; we were riding down the street, dodging fireworks, I am just kidding, but it really felt that way, and there was this party out on the front lawn. Hispanic people, and they yelled "Comer", if you know any Spanish that means eat. Oh yeah! So we went and ate Carne Asada - yum. While we were sitting there, the kids were shooting off fireworks and one put one in the ground backwards and shot it right back into the middle of the group -bang - it was crazy! But a great fourth of July. By the way, did I tell you I love the Fourth of July. Not as much as I love the Gospel, but I do love the fourth of July, it is a Gospel Holiday, everyone just doesn't realize it. So anyhow, things are going great. Elder Brady is amazing, President and Sister Merkley, I am sure are amazing too, I haven't seen or heard from them yet, but the goals are increasing and that is a great sign. I love Missionary work, And I love the Gospel. I know that God will fulfil his promises to us. I know that he has all power both in heaven and on earth. All he asks of us is to live the Gospel. Here is a little study for you, what does that mean to live the Gospel? We will put your scripture searching skills to the test. I love each of you. God Bless. Keep Reading, Praying and Sharing the Gospel.
Love Elder Jordan Grover