7/06/2009

Arakansas - June 29, 2009

Hi, how are you? I hope and pray that everything is alright. It sounds like you have a lot going on. That is life I guess, right? But you know, you are busy in the right way. Every weekend sounds full, but it sounds like they are all church related. That is significant. There are so many good things that distract people from the important things, you know. And more and more I see the difference that the Gospel makes. It is amazing that even through the darkest storms those that have the gospel can sail on relatively calm waters. I wish that everyone could see that. I wish I could somehow inspire that better. But I know that is like Alma, and I do sin in my wish, for I should be content with the lot that God has given me. I am just glad to be in Centerton. People around here have come to call it little Provo, because of the Church's rapid growth here and the demographics of it. The ward is approaching 400 active attendance, and it is probably over 80% between 25-35 newlyweds and young families. They just completed a brand new building here and we moved in a couple of weeks ago. There is going to be an Open House on July 11; we are also planning on having a Baptism that day, but the person being baptized is in Virginia at the moment, that kinda makes life difficult. I can't remember if I have told you much about my companion, Elder Brady is from Blackfoot ID, his Dad actually builds cabinets up there, kind of interesting. Speaking of the building, I was calling the Elders quorum president and dialed the wrong brother Jensen in the ward. This Brother Jensen is here to build the building and he just went off. Apparently he served a Navajo Mission you know what that means. Blanding, yeah. he wanted me to ask if you could send me one of the "Down from the Mountain" CDs (I think that is what it is called), you know the Stan Bronson one, he wants to buy one. Yeah crazy, just crazy. Anyhow I always find that interesting, we are truly representatives, and that influence goes a long way. Not only for your com unity, but more important for Christ and his kingdom. We will each be accountable for our actions, one for ourselves, but also for the effect it has on others. The possibility that by something that I do would or could possibly drive someone from the truth is much scarier even than the effect that it would have on me. That is why Christ is so amazing. Read 2 Nephi 26:33. He does only good, showing us how we should all be, then he goes the next step of inviting them to be good also. That is Missionary work. That is Gods work and his Glory, I testify. I love you all so much, I want you to know that. I don't say it enough. You always have had a way of making me feel better. I wish I could give back somehow, I love you. Keep reading, praying and sharing the Gospel.
Your Son Forever,
Elder Jordan Grover