5/26/2009

Guatemala - May 25, 2009

Hey I'm alive! :) I'm sorry about last week, I was on a bad computer. I hope this goes through okay today cuz your my fam and need to now how I am, right? Well, sounds like you are all geared up for summer and staying busy, that is good. I wish the best for each of you, just remember the Lord in all that you do, and he will consecrate thy performance unto you, it is a promise. Just look, I'm here in Guatemala now, with almost four months down, and last year I set the goal to be able pay for it and to be out here. Hey Jesse, keep your spirit up man, the Lord is preparing you for something great! Remember in D and C it says that the Lord will give blessings after the trial of your faith. And then what I say: blessings come after the fire! Don't worry we're having some pitfalls here too, but remember we are in the Lord's work, he did not call us to fail! Keep up the spirits, I love ya' man. So a little bit about me, I'm still in El Asintal with Elder Murphy; we are working so hard right now and having faith. The rain has been getting harder and more often; they say the next three months are going to be hard hitters. I talked in church yesterday for like ten minutes, the Lord really blessed me by the way! I guess the mission is about to break the record for baptisms this month, so that is good news. Oh Jens will like this, I have a chunk role on my stomach... don't worry, I'm working on losing it:) So life is good, I love the mission life. So how is the other Elder Grover? He is winding down now, I feel bad for him. We have not heard anything about the swine flu. Just remember that we have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ; if we really have faith in that, then we should not fear the last days. Anyway, I want leave you all something to read, the introduction to the Book of Mormon "powerful" please keep up the scripture studies and praying and stuff, I promise it will help! If you have any questions or need my help with anything, let me know. I'm a servant of the Lord, called to help people. I love all of you and pray for you! Thanks for everything!
With all the love,
ELDER GROVER