12/30/2015

Argentina - July 6, 2015

Hi mom,
Holy smokes, or Smokey the Bear, I don't know who is more hairy, JJ or Smokey, ha, I am kidding, ha, that is just too funny for me to not make a joke. But the 4th has already come and gone, that is so crazy! It looks like it was just so much fun, I am so glad that everyone was able to have a great time, that is just awesome! Thanks so much for the pictures, they are awesome! I would put exclamation mark,s but it is not working on this computer, so sorry for that.  I want to put a lot, but for some reason I can't, but that is okay, I will do without them for now.  McKady's last drill team parade, that is sad.  Holy cow, it is someone's birthday this week, she is going to be 18..... that is so crazy! Dad needs to put her in like an electric fence to keep her away from the boys!  But tell her happy birthday for me, and that she is amazing and that anyone who thinks or says otherwise is completely wrong because she is amazing! Tell her to have an amazing day, and Jordan also with his birthday coming up. Also let Jordan know I love him and I would like to know what is going on in his life, any news would be nice. But I've got to say my nieces just look so cute, and my new nephew just looks like a stud!  I am glad that Dad was able to get on a horse, what horses are they on? Anyways, that is great! I am grateful that the day went good. And the rain, that is awesome, we always need rain because it is a good thing. So my 4th here was a little different... umm, we did have a great meal with a member, which was nice.  And we were just singing American songs all day, so it was great.
Jesse is a dad and married and has his own house, that is so crazy to think... just really crazy! But he is going to be awesome at all of them, and that is just so great and I am so happy for him, that is great. And all the missionaries that are coming home, it is crazy, but they have the opportunity to start their lives and they know how to do it, so that will be awesome. Crazy, it seems like yesterday they all left...
So what is the next couple of big things that you guys are going to be doing within the next couple weeks? You got the marriage done, and the 4th.
So we started to work with a less active member family and they are awesome.  I don't know why they stopped going to church because,e they know it is true, but after talking with them I can see how sad it is and what it can do to the family.  So the whole family was baptized like 8 years ago, but now the parents are separated and the mom went back to smoking. More than anything, we have been working with Maria Jose, the 16 year old girl that had a baby about a month ago. She wants to come back, and she told us she wants to raise her daughter so that she dosn't make the same mistakes that she has made. But I asked the mom how she felt about being a grandma and she told me that she didn't want it because ever since she was baptized she wanted her daughter to be sealed in the temple. And from that we see the bad things that come when we forget to do the little things like pray and read in the scriptures and go to church; those three little things can make the biggest change in the whole entire world. But there is always opportunity for change and repentance, but it is better to not sin in the first place and to always be on guard. In Alma 43:18-21 we see the difference between the Lamanites and the Nephites with their armor, and in verses 37-38 we see the blessings we receive when we are girded with armor; and it is the same today but we have different armor, and a different battle, and this battle we are fighting now is not easy. So remember to pray and read and go to church and we will be protected. So we will have no need to fear because God is on our side. Anyways, they are a great family and I hope that they will see the need of the church in their lives.
We had an investigator come to church, it was great and I was so happy she came, she is amazing, and she knows it is all true. So, with the last 6 months in my mission, I have been transferred 3 times and even though I was not able to see the fruits, some seeds that our beloved Heavenly Father let me help with have become fruits and it is a wonderful joy. Today I received a call from my old Companion Elder Trotter, from back when I was in Las Palmas, and he told me that 4 of the investigators we were working with for my whole time there finally entered the wonderful waters of baptisms. What wonderful joy feels my heart to know that those amazing people that I was so privileged to teach were able to start on their journey to live with our Heavenly Father again. That was wonderful to hear. The work is moving along, it is awesome!
Today was great, we went and made tacos with the zone leaders, and they were really good. We were going to have pizza with them on the 4th, but it was Fast Sunday so we fasted instead, which is great, I have learned to love to fast.
Oh yeah, so also on the 4th, it was the final for the cup and America and Argentina were playing, so no one would talk to us because everyone was watching the game... everyone! Then, not very many people came to church because there was elections, but it was a wonderful fast and testimony meeting.
Oh, and we are teaching this kid and his mom, who is a sister to our relief society president, but she is super Catholic. She loves us and loves what we teach, but says it is just not the same in our church, she just feels good in the Catholic church, but she is reading so we will see. The thing is, her foot got ran over by a bus and it is awful, but it is getting better, so it is giving her time to read and so that is great. Oh, and we are working with a part member family, the mom is a member and we are teaching her two kids and one of them wants the be baptized. He is 8, so his mom is doing more of the teaching there, but we are working with his brother that is 14.  He knows it is all true, but I don't know if he is just scared or what is gong on, but he is great.
So that is a little about what we are doing down here in Argentina:)
Thanks again for all the pictures! I love you all, mom I love you with all my heart. Don't forget to tell McKady Happy Birthday, and have a wonderful week.
Elder Grover

P.S. I know this gospel is true with all my heart, and I know that God loves us and He has given us this gospel to help us. I know that Joseph Smith did restore it the book of Mormon, and it is true. Have a great week! Love you mom, forever I will love you with all my heart.