12/30/2015

Argentina - July 28, 2015

Hey mom:) I love you so much, and thanks for your email!:)
Wow, the fair is coming up? That is super crazy, the fair will be amazing as always, and the pig will make weight, well I hope.  But just remember that the cup is half full, not half empty, that is something that we just must always remember! But it will be fun, love every minute of everything we've got and it will be good.  All good things come to an end, but there are better things in the future, always more happiness!!! Life is beautiful!!! Jordan is going to be down for the hunt? That is cool, I hope he casars good (double meaning in Spanish, marriage and to hunt). You can tell him that if you want, ha! But I better get a bow tag next year, just saying! That is something I can say because I have almost been out there for one year... weird.. so weird, I can't believe it, ha, so weird.  Natalie is home, that is crazy! I hope that she had a great mission.
So I will give you a step by step process of how my week went.  On Saturday me and my companion starting walking to go to a charla, and we get a call from president Franco that we are both leaving the area and that we will both be training, crazy!! Transfers are Monday, but we have to be out of our house Sunday because the hermanas are coming.  And I am supposed to travel to my area with my zone leaders. We went and told one of our investigators, she was so happy to see us and opened the door and started telling us that she found someone to work for her that afternoon so she could go to a baptism of some of the other elders. She was so happy and excited, and then we had to tell her that we were leaving.. so hard.. and she just starting crying, wow, my heart was broken,it was hard. Then we had to say goodbye to other people too. A menos active member came to church that Sunday, it was good, but it was super hard to leave.  But, I had some menos activo people that I was working with come to the bus station to send me off, that was super amazing.  And a family gave me a shirt, it was great! It was so hard to leave them, I really wanted to stay. I hope someday I can go back to Goya.  Anyway, then it was 6 hours on a bus by myself, that was interesting, but it was good.  So I am now in paso de los libres, it is cool. Brazil is just on the other side of the river.  But it is going to be interesting, I will go to Resistencia to get my new companion and so that will be cool. I will tell you how that goes next week:)
There are 4 people in our zone that are training, so that is going to be crazy.  And it is going to be even more crazy because I don't know the area, so we will see how it goes. Plus, I think I am training a gringo, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Pretty much the whole week right there, not a whole lot going down other than that.  But I am pretty excited to train, we will see how it goes. Oh, so I was walking around and found out that I can totally buy a Argentine saddle and bring it home, It isn't too big and and it is light, ha that was pretty cool! Oh, and yesterday we talked to a missionary that served here 20 years ago.  He was here with his wife and daughter, it was crazy.  She had a I-phone 6, it was crazy! They were amazed at the number of stray dogs and horses in the road and they didn't understand Spanish, so that was kind of weird. But the guy spoke it really well. They live in Colorado and he is a doctor. They were super nice and it was nice to talk to them for a little bit. I've got to go but I will write more about how things go next week:) Love you mom! Have a wonderful week and tell everyone that I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Elder Grover