12/30/2015

Argentina - July 20, 2015

Hey Mom :)
I am doing great, how are you doing this week? Oh, and all is well, summer is always full of excitement, just some parts not as much as others. I am glad that McKady had a great week at SOAR, that is always something that everyone like to hear, mainly me.  I have talked a lot about polys with my companion because he played football at Timpview, and there are a lot of polys there. But that is so great that she had a great time and that she made it back safe. Hopefully she was able to ace the ACT, and well, I know she did. Fair time huh... I love the fair.. I will miss it very much. It is a fun week, and helps to remind us that winning or losing is not important, and how much the money you get doesn't matter, it is the experience that matters most. Because I look back and I remember the wonderful time, good and bad, with the animals. I can't remember how much I sold them for or what place I took, but the experiences where priceless. The 24 is this week? Crazy, we might do something in the rama since it is a church holiday, but I am not for sure, we will have to see. I like play grounds, I bet Kenny and Amber's kids will love it! And the trailer that is like a camp trailer and horse trailer, that is awesome  And that is great that JJ is making good money fighting fires. I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing great, and that they are loving life, because that is just amazing.
And I have the best mom in the world, :) I will be waiting very patiently:) Thanks mom, you are the best women in the world :)
Oh, I will be waiting for pictures of the 24th too:) I love to see pictures, just saying, ha! I would send some, but it dosn't work at this computer.. sorry.
So this week I had two experiences, one is just amazing the other is kind of embarrassing... and scary.
So the first, we had a baptism this week:) Gonzalo Ortiz Espindola, he is 13, and he is great, he knows way more than I knew when I was 13 years old. (So there are like a million little kids at this computer place, and it is very noisy and crazy.) But anyway, the baptism was great. His aunts are members, but his mom isn't, she is super Catholic. He has always wanted to be a member, but his mom would never give him permission.  I think she finally did mainly because her foot was ran over by a bus, it was open, like a book, literately, ha! But she finally gave him permission; it was just a really great experience.  And it is good to know that he has great support from his aunts.  He told us that he wants to serve a mission.  Also, he was telling us about how he was changing in the bathroom and found like 50 pesos, he told us that he was going to pay tithing on it, which was really awesome, but he is a great kid. Then we went and ate with them, and it was just a great experience. I would send a picture, but I can't right now.
Anyways, the other story that happened was with a dog.. Don't worry, I was not hurt, just injured my pride a little. So this dog was huge, like Sandlot big, not even joking.  Anyways, so it was big,  and when we walked by it, it came up to me and jumped on me and tried to bite me. So I took off fast... and then tired to cut, but the grass was wet, so I slipped and fell, hard... because, well, it was wet and there is no longer grip on my shoes because they are so worn out. My companion had his bag off, ready to hit it but it went away. So mainly my pride was just hurt with the fall, but I am good, don't worry:) It is funny now. We are going to have trials in life, it might even be when we do are doing the right thing.  There is a recent convert here who fell and broke her hand just a week after her baptism, and it hasn't yet recovered to full heath, and never will.  She is a cook and loves to cook, but because of what happened she can't cook anymore. She asked us, why would something bad happen if we are doing what is right, that is a good question.  But we need to remember that God loves us and that all that we do and all that happens has a purpose to help us. We just need to trust in Him and His goodness. It reminds me of the sons of Mosiah, who started their missions and were beaten and starved thrown in prison, but they bore their trials with patience, and then they were blessed. I know God loves us and that he is always watching over us, we just need to keep going. But, I've got to go. Hey mom, I love you with all my heart, have a wonderful week, and tell everyone I love them too :)
Elder Grover