Hey Mom! :)
I had a a good week, and I am doing great! The work it just coming along fine! That is awesome that McKady is able to go to SOAR, she is going to do great and have a wonderful time. I hope that she had a wonderful birthday! Yeah, Jordan's birthday is today, crazy! Tell him Happy Birthday for me!!! What is he up to these days? Soon I will be turning 20? What? Surely that's not for another couple of years, ha, I am still like 14 at heart! I am just getting younger and uglier... ;), ha, just kidding! That is so crazy that it has been raining a lot there, but super cool, and much needed. So Jade was in the Voices of San Juan Pageant, huh? That is awesome! I was thinking of it the other day when I was talking to my companion in a Navajo accent, ha. That is cool that he got to do it! How is Jade doing? I still can't believe that Jesse is married and lives across the street, that is awesome!!! I am excited to meet Braddock someday and help him be the best athlete! And Jed is growing so fast, I can tell from the pictures.. crazy!! That is so amazing, I am so excited, I love my nieces and nephews! Yeah, Argentina is a long ways away! Really crazy to think about!
What is coming up in these next weeks, the fair, the 24th? Wow, that is crazy, time is just flying by! But I am glad to hear that everyone is doing great! Just tell everyone I love them so much!
Oh, and that is interesting that I was in young women's camp cheer, but that is funny that my name fits there! Ha!
Oh, and a quick little note, so I am a hair cutter, I cut both of my zone leaders' hair today! Now I am going to cut my own hair, like I said, I am professional!
Oh, and so we had a zone meeting this last week and it was super great! We talked a lot about how the Lord will fight our battles if we just put our trust in him, and that he will help us. Then we read the story of David and Goliath, where David put all his trust in the Lord, it is really an amazing story of faith and trusting in the Lord, putting our all in and trusting in Him! Anyways, so zone conference is when we get letters and packages, and my companion got like 10 letters from his girlfriend, and a envelope thing full of candy.... so if you know any girls that want to send me lots of candy, I am down!!!! ;) I am just joking, but did Jesse send me an announcement? All in all, the zone meeting was super great!!! Anyways, the 9 de Julio is the independence day here in Argentina. They don't do much, but there was like this parade thing and it was pretty cool, well we didn't actually watch it, we just saw the people walking back from it. There were some horseback riders, and the saddles that they use here are weird! I think I need to try to bring one home because they are cool-looking at the same time! But that was pretty cool! This week we are trying to get some references from people or members, but they all said that none of their friends would listen to the Gospel.. But we are workig on that, to have the members be more excited to share the gospel like the missionaries. I know I could have done better at being a missionary at home, but there are a little better opportunities here, I think. Maybe it is just a matter of looking for them.
But the super exciting thing that will be happening this week is that we will be having a baptism!!! Gonzalo Espindola, who is 13; his family are members, well his aunts and cousins are members, and they are all super cool, but his mom is very Catholic and wouldn't give him permission to be baptized, even though he always wanted to. But his mom told him that as soon as he finishes confirmation the Catholic church, that he can be baptized in our church if he wanted. But when it came right down to it, he completed his confirmation and then she still wouldn't give him permission. But, like a month ago her foot got run over by a bus and she hasn't been able to walk, so we have been teaching them both for a little while. And she finally gave permission for her son to be baptized! It is super exciting, but the best part is that the whole family is all super excited for the baptism also! It is great to see that people are excited to see a baptism. We will be passing by and teaching him all the commandments this week, but he is keeping them all and the family reads every night together. it is awesome! And we will have a noche de hogar con ellos esa noche, estoy muy feliz por eso! pero si esa es la vida de un misionero, lo amo!
Mom, thank you so much for your email, it is the best!!!! I love getting your email every week!!!! Thanks for all you do for me and the for the love you have for me! I know this church is true and that God loves us more than we will ever know!! Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and he did atone for our sins. He also loves us more than we can ever know, te Quiero much mama! I love you with all my heart and hope the best for everyone! Also, tell everyone that I love them so very much!!! Have a wonderful week:)
Love Elder Grover





