It looks
like you guys had lots and lots of fun on Easter, I'm not going to lie, it looks super
fun!! I am so grateful that all of you were able to spend Easter
together! And in the most beautiful place in the world, San Juan County,
with mountains and hills and canyons and rocks. It is so flat here, but it
is okay, I love it anyway. What a wonderful time of the year, Easter, to be
able to remember our Savior and his atoning sacrifice for us, and to know that He does live. He lives, I know it, I have felt it in my heart that he did
rise on the 3rd day and only through him can we be made whole. I have
really come to know and rely on our Savior, only through Him is all
possible. And to spend Easter watching conference, what a wonderful
experience. I am sad to hear that you weren't able to watch on Saturday because the talks were amazing! On Saturday they talked a lot about
marriage and the importance of it. Like 4 talks were about it on Saturday, thank goodness that doesn't apply to me right now:) But I do
know some people (my brothers) ;) that it does apply to! Ha, but
for conference we just stayed in the church all day because we didn't have time to walk
back to our area because to walk there and back it was like an hour and
half. And then we stayed the night at the other elders' pension because
for us, the priesthood session ended at 11:00 at night. But it was really
amazing! The Saturday sessions were great, and the priesthood session
too. Our internet stopped working during Elder Ballards talk,so we
watched all of conference in the church, because that is the only place to hook
internet. So I watched it all in Spanish, I understood a lot, but it is
a lot better to watch it in English because the translators just aren't the same as listening to the voices of the apostles, and they use big words in their talks and my Spanish isn't that advanced, so I really had to listen to know what was
going on, which was really good. Don't worry, my Easter was great, I
ate a lot of Argentine cookies and alfajors which are good, but the bad
thing is that was pretty much all I ate, well let's be honest that was
all I ate, and apple pop, so that was my Easter feast. But
that does not take away from the wonderful messages that were shared, what
a beautiful opportunity we had to hear the testimonies of the leaders of
the church about Christ. Very amazing! I really liked Elder Holland's
talk, I loved them all, but his was amazing. Oh, and how about the
temples? That is so amazing, temples are so amazing and beautiful. All in all,
it was wonderful, I love conference. I'm so grateful for the opportunity
that I had to listen to the servants of our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ. I encourage all of you to reread and continue to watch and
listen to the talks until next conference. Do you know what is weird? This was my second conference in the mission! And it just gets better :)
So
we had one investigator come to all 4 sessions, and it was great because the thing that is holding him back is marriage, so we will see how
that will work. And then our golden investigator, who is awesome and has
already stopped drinking coffee, didn't come.. it was very hard. So we went
by her house last night to see what was up, turns out her breaks on her
moto weren't working. But she watched it on her computer!!!!!!! I was so
happy! It cut out a lot on her, but she watched!! She is great. Oh, and yesterday there was a new rule made in the mission, we are no
longer allowed to eat in the houses of members, or investigators...so
hopefully my cooking gets good!
And guess what? MOM, HAPPY
BIRTHDAY! A little early, I know, but I can't tell you on your birthday so I am telling you now. Have a wonderful day, remember I'm sending a big
birthday hug and kiss in this email, you are the best mom ever! Hope your
birthday is amazing! And you get to go turkey hunting and then bless your grandson this weekend, sounds to me like it will be amazing! I sent a
letter, I hope you get it this week, if not, it will come the next. But for now, I love you and will be thinking about you on your special birthday,
:)
I want to talk a little about what I learned in Jesus the Christ this
week about temptations. God allows them by wise permission, to make us
stronger and to help us grow spiritually. He will not allow us be tempted beyond we can
handle, and promises blessings if we resist the temptations. Then, about our treasures on earth and in heaven. Treasures of the world can
break, decay, rust, and can be stolen.. and we cannot take them to
heaven with us. But spiritual things, like building our testimony, spending time
with family and doing what is right we can take with us. For me, I would
rather have treasures in heaven. It is like the parable of the rich
young man who asks Christ what more he can do, and Christ tells him to give all he has to the poor and follow He and be Hy disciple. Just something we
need to remember to keep in mind, lets us hold nothing back and serve
the Lord with all our might.
Then this morning I was reading
in the book of Mormon, in Alma 48, and it is talking about Captain Moroni and his faith, and if we all had the faith like him the powers of
hell would fall and crumble to the ground.
Which brings me
to another thing I learned from one of my zone leaders while we were
waiting for interviews last week, he said the stories we hear from and read in the
scriptures, they are like the top 10 on ESPN, amazing. He said at the
first of his mission he prayed every day to have a miracle or make the
top 10, but we have got to recognize the little great plays that happen 100
times more than the top 10. That might be for a missionary, an
investigator saying a prayer, or for you guys waving at someone who you
may not have ever seen or know.
I want to share my testimy
about this wonderful Easter season, Jesus Christ lives and this is the true
church. We are here on earth to learn and grow and prepare to
one day live in the presence of the Lord.
Love Elder Grover
P.S. I love you all and am glad you had a great Easter weekend. Mom, happy
birthday, I love you more than words can tell! Have a wonderful week
and let us all apply the words of the prophets in our lives to become
better and help other people! Oh, and thank you so much for the pictures
they are great!!!!!!!!!!!!





