5/19/2015

Argentina - April 13, 2015

How was your birthday, Mom? I bet it was great, because I sang for you, I don't know if you heard it, but I did:) And you got to hunt, which is awesome. It is okay if you haven't gotten anything yet, it is just for the experience. That is what I love, just being out and having the wonderful experience. But you will get something, I know it, so don't worry there. That is so amazing that you got to bless Jed, and that the family could come and be a part of it. That is the best, getting together as family, because that is the most important thing we have in this life, the family. What a wonderful opportunity I have every day to help people know about the importance of families. I love to share it and say that I know this gospel is true because it has blessed me and my family beyond words.  And I have the wonderful opportunity to know that I can live with my family again after this life. Thank you so much for the pictures, everyone looks great! Jed looks like he is a big boy, crazy how much he has grown in just a short time, it truly is amazing.  I just have the best looking family in all the world! Say hi to the aunties for me also while they are down there.
Going day to day is wonderful, what wonderful exciting things we can learn every day, everyday we have the opportunity to grow and become better, maybe meet someone new or change a life, it is just amazing what we can do in just one day. You got my letter? Awesome, I am glad that you got it, I hope that you like it. Did McKady read hers? I hope it helped, but I am grateful you got them and were able to read them, just like everything else, writing helped me. I am glad you like the emails too, I like to send them and let y'all know I am just doing great.  I get to talk to amazing people every day, which is just awesome. That is sad that not as many are getting their calls or not going on missions... pains me very much, the mission is for everyone! Everyone needs the mission, the amount I have grown grown up (well that part idk;), I am still a kid at heart ha:) but I am here to say that everyone needs a mission, every male that graduates from high school needs to serve. It is just the best, hardest thing I have ever done, but 100 percent worth it.:)
But don't worry, I will take care of myself, other than the millions of ants that decided to live in our apartment, don't worry we will get them, that is what P-day is for!:) We killed a bunch of flies a little while ago, it was great, I made a hunting video with my trophies.
Real fast, I just want to thank you all for the support, prayers examples, and everything! I love you all, I have the best family in the world! I want you to know you guys truly are my inspiration, when I am down I just remember my family loves me!!:)
Now a little crazy story for you guys about what happened last night after our branch council meeting, we were walking back to our area and got a call from the other missionaries that the branch president got in an accident on the way back; that is all we knew, so we went to the hospital.  We got there and they didn't know exactly what had happened. But then the other guy who was the accident came out and we talked to him for a minute, and he was drunk, we could smell it. He said he was on his scooter and hit our president who was on his bike. President is like 70, but they said he was okay. We didn't get to see him, but I am glad he is okay because he is a good guy, funny too, he still can't say me and my companion's names, Grover and Trotter, he says Grotter and Trover, makes them sound the same so we don't know what he is saying or who is  talking to, we just have to guess. Oh, and the guy who was drunk that hit him just walked out and like the police weren't there or anything... in the states that would be super bad.
We had some investigators come to church, and right now we are working with a great guy whose son is already baptized; but he needs to get married and then he can be baptized, hopefully in the next week or 2. And another one of our investigators she said she was on mormon.org all night looking at stuff about the church, and she was asking us deep, deep doctrinal questions. But she knows it is true and she shares it with everyone. And another guy we are teaching, who is like 75 and Evangelist, or what ever they are; he is interesting, but loved church and he cries almost every time we talk to him. Wonderful, wonderful people who have amazing spirits and strong faith.
I want to talk about the light of Christ or the spirit of Christ, it is different then the Holy Ghost, and we all have it. It enlightens us and gives us knowledge and brings things to our remembrance. I don't know all about it, but I will study more on it because it is very amazing. And then the gifts of the spirit, and how amazing they are. We need to apply them more in our lives, my goal is to apply some of them to better meet the needs of those I serve.
Well, I want to tell you I love you, and that God loves you also. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love Elder Grover
P.S. Thanks again for the pictures, they are wonderful. Send everyone my love. Mom, I love you, you are the best! Don't worry, just have faith and all will be good. Have a wonderful week and enjoy every second. Smile and be happy and do the primary answer basics and life will be alright! Amazing! Love you all!