5/27/2015

Argentina - April 27, 2015

Hey mom!!! I love you!
Wow, today I have been gone for 7 months!!! That is pretty crazy, time flies! Sounds like all the ward missionaries are coming home, wow that is pretty crazy.  Just me and Ben left, huh? What about the younger grade, I know there were some kids; that is okay I will make up for it all;) But yeah, all my friends are doing great, we have a big group email with all my friends where we write stories, so it is great, and they are all doing good it sounds like to me. Yeah, Mike has gotten skinny; wow, we do walk a lot here in South America. I write Sterling every week and he is just doing amazing, he is a great missionary.
The pictures...well, here is the thing, I am turning into an Argentine and you won't recognize me...I am just joking. No, I am scared to send photos from these computers; before, when I was in Fermosa, we used the computers at the church. Anyway, one of the missionaries that I come with, Hermana Smith lost all the photos on her camera. But I will send some next week, I would right now but I am in Resistencia right now and don't have my cord.  I will get to why I am in Resistencia in a little bit, but I will get you some pictures, don't you worry! Oh, and something real quick, I got a letter from dad and the baby announcement from JJ and Tamra, just so know I got them:)
Jordan, JJ and Jesse, students, what nerds... ;) They will be fine and get the grades they need and will succeed in all that they do! Tamra told me about JJ doing the fire service, maybe it will singe some of his hair off;)  With Jade, all we can do is just pray for him, and trust in the Lord and His plan for all of us. Mckady will be fine mom, she is a good, smart girl, sometimes we all just need time to relax and breathe. That is one thing I have learned, you've got to relax and breathe and pray, and then just go! Tell her I love her and that she is awesome!
I am sending my luck all day; don't you worry, nothing is falling apart mom! We are just under a little construction, to make us stronger and more prepared for the whirlwinds of the world; trust me, the finished product is going to be beautiful, we just need to have patience through all the little licks and things. I know it will be okay because God is over all, and His son is the manager over the work.
Okay, a little about my week, it was pretty good, like always, because I am getting better, well no that is lie, the Lord is helping me become better every day, all the credit goes to Him! Oh, funny story, so me and my companion were talking to this drunk guy, he was super drunk. It is weird, I never knew what alcohol smelled like until the mission, and it is so gross, there is nothing that smells worse than cheep Argentine wine, and the sad thing is that it is cheaper than water.  But anyways, this guy went to give me a hug, which is pretty normal, I have been hugged by a lot of drunk guys, but anyways he kissed my chest too!  Yeah, ha, that was just a little weird!
So on Friday we got to listen to Elder Oaks!!!! It was so awesome! Wow, when I shook his hand, he has the spirit with him, wow, does he have the spirit with him. He is so fun and lively, it was just an amazing experience. His wife gave a great talk too, this is his second wife and they have been married for 15 years, but this is the first time she has been marred. Anyway, he talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy, it was amazing.  I guess that is what the 12 and the first presidency are focusing on right now is the Sabbath day and really keeping it holy. And also about the sacrament, because really that is the center of or worship, and how amazing it can be in our life. Also, he talked about revelation and how important it is in our daily lives, it was amazing! Then our president and his wife talked, and Elder Gonzalas of the 70, the president over the South American south area, and his wife also talked. It was just a great, amazing experience! I got to see some of the missionaries, oh and that reminds me of a miracle that happened. So I don't know if you remember, but the family that I was telling you about that I found in Fermosa in January, how it was a miracle and by the spirit the way we found them? Well, I just found out that they were baptized! I talked to my old zone leader, who gave them their interview, and he said they are the best converts ever! Like, he said that the guy, Jorge, in the prayer was just so grateful that we found him and were able to teach him about the Atonement so that he could repent and come closer to God! I was so happy, I am so grateful that God, in his loving infinite mercy, gave me the wonderful opportunity to find and teach that wonderful family.  They were so prepared, they were able to stop smoking and drinking, and they got married!!! What a miracle, and what an amazing story. I am so grateful that they got baptized; wonderful, wonderful, wonderful are the mercies of God!
Anyways, we came back to Resistencia on Sunday morning because we are part of the Resistencia stake and well, the stake had a meeting where we listened to Elder Gonzalas, because Elder Oaks went to the Fermosa stake. It was really great and we had a couple that came, which is super exciting.  But instead of going back to Las Palmas, we stayed in Resitencia because we had a little zone get together today on p-day which was great. So I was with one of my zone leaders and we went to this member that lives in the middle of nowhere.. like 10 miles outside of Resistencia, and we walked like an hour to get there.  Their house was made of mud and trees, but they were super great. They used to ride their bikes to church but they broke.  They want to go to church but it is so far away. I made this drink with them where you put coals and sugar and hot water together, and it was really goo, who would have known?! But it was great.  Then I was thinking today, walking around Resistencia, how weird and different it was when I came here, and now it is just normal, like it just feels like normal, it was just weird to think about!
Anyways, I love you all!!!!! Mom, you are the best! I want you to know that I love you more than anything. Family is the best, and sharing the Family Proclamation with people is the best! I love you all and want you to know that this church is true! Christ is at the head and we have a prophet who leads and directs us!! Have a wonderful week! I love you and pray for you always!
Love Elder Grover
P.S. Just realized that I put 7 instead of 8, ha, I have actually been gone for 8 months. Anyway, love you!!! Les amo para simpre!
Con amor de su hijo que es super y en Argentina, Elder Grover