5/26/2015

Argentina - April 20, 2015

Hey mom,
Don't worry my wonderful mother, I always keep everyone on their toes!!! Ha, just so you know my optimism is everywhere, it is always with you, and don't ever let it go! But I am doing good, don't worry too much about me; I'm just teaching this gospel to people and having a grand ole time. I am so sorry to hear about what happened with Mckady, have her go talk with the bishop, he is a servant of the Lord to help us apply the atonement in our lives to make us better people. Tell her is is okay, and to read the letter I sent her. Also tell her I send all my love, prayers and the very best.  In life we experience deep sorrow that pains us to the very core. In the scriptures it talks of this lots of times, multiple times, cutting, piercing pains, but that is why God, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ suffered for them all.  Life is not easy, in fact it is the hardest thing we could ever do, missions are hard! I am telling you, it is the hardest thing I have had to face in my life, physically, mentally and spiritually. But also the most rewarding blessing I have ever experienced. I know everything we pass through in this life is only to help us grow; a source I have that I hold personal, says we come to earth to grow and some day live with our Heavenly Father, everything is for our benefit, to grow and receive eternal life.
I am heartbroken with what you have said about Jade, it cuts me to the core. But there was a conference talk about this very thing, all we can do is love him and let him know that his Savior loves him and that he always has His hands wide open for us.  The power of prayer, to pray with out stopping, and I know the Lord answers prayers, in his time and in his own way, he does answer, He is there and listing to us. Here are 2 links to the whole family can study and read and pray about: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/returning-to-faith?lang=enghttps://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/waiting-for-the-prodigal?la. Really, all the conference talks will help, as well as reading the scriptures and praying and going to church. Doing the basics with true intent will help us beyond what we could ever imagine. It will also help us bless those around and us. Oh, and the temple, temple attendance is essential to our growth.  My best advice is to take the advise of the prophets and listen to their talks and apply them all in our life. They know way more then me. I just want you to know I love everyone, tell Jade I love him with all my heart, and that he is my brother on this earth and in the next life, and that God loves him more than we could ever think.
Tell the whole family that I love them all, with all my heart, and that I know this church is true. Family is the most important thing in the world, and love is what holds it together! I testify that families are eternal.  I know satan is out there and he wants to drag us down, the best we can do to fight back is the basics. I can't express the amount of love that I have for you as my family; mom, I love you with all my heart, and dad, I love you with all my might. 
In Nephi they talk about the ones who held onto the iron rod with all their might, and when they got to the tree they were exhausted! It is hard, the whirlwinds of the adversary are there every second!  At this time I think we all need to take time and try to apply Christ-like attributes in our life, humility, accepting the will of God, and carrying on with faith, love and patience.
This week on Friday the Resistencia mission has the grand opportunity to listen to Elder Oaks, don't worry I will tell you about it next week :)
This week was pretty good, we spent a lot of time contacting and I have just come to love missionary work!  It is just wonderful:) Oh yeah, I wanted to say sorry for all the times I lied or didn't do what you asked me, because it is so frustrating...very frustrating. Sorry about that.  Sorry, I ran out of time but there is more I want to say.
Love Elder Grover
P.S. I just want to tell you that I love you mom, don't lose faith and hope and love. The importance of following the rules is so important, the little things, the basics, are so important!  Just have faith, and don't worry about me mom.  I want to share my testimony that God lives, He loves us with all his might, Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God, the Book of Mormon is the word of God!!!! All we need to do is listen to the prophets and the Holy Ghost and we will be okay, and love with out end, especially Jade, love without end. I love you all and pray for you every day; this church is true!