4/24/2015

Argentina - March 24, 2015

Hello mom :)
Sorry about the internet, but that is okay if you will be getting a new provider. I am very sorry to hear that McKady is not doing well; this life is very, very hard, I would have to agree, things are not easy. I know 100 percent that everything is hard, but that is what makes us grow to become better and stronger. It is just like exercising a muscle, if you want it to grow you have to tear it down, and at first is is going to hurt and you will be sore and wonder, "why did I even think about doing that, all it is now is pain?" Then you look at the muscle and it doesn't seem any bigger, then you think," what is the point?", because we are so focused on wanting things now, I want it now, I want to feel good now, I want money now, I want bigger muscles now, I want to be fluent in a language now, or feel the spirit now, or have the faith and testimony of President Monson now.  There are so many things we want now, but just like with the muscle, if we keep going with it day after day, keep breaking it down so it will grow, we will be able to look back and see the progress. And if you want it to grow even more, it still needs broken to be broken down, but this time it is easier. I don't know if that makes sense.. but every challenge is for our good, God knows all. From a very good source, I found that our experiences here are helping us to grow so that one day we can enter into the kingdom of heaven. We also have prayer, scripture study, and the church to help us get better and find peace in this world, I know this to be true.
This week was good, we went back to Resistencia because we had a member of the quorum of the 70 come and talk to us, it was really great, i learned a lot! Then I whet on divisions with Elder Regalado from Colombia, great guy! It was fun to get to learn about Columbia, and we got to preach the Gospel. Then it was transfers yesterday and that is why I am writing today. But I am still in the same area with the same companion, so nothing has changed.  Hopefully during this transfer we will find lots of success. All of the members and our investigators are glad that me and my companion stayed.
I want to tell a  little about the scriptures that I studied this week. I will only talk about Alma 28, there are only 15 verses, but it is one of the most powerful chapters I have ever read.  It is talking about, well Alma is talking  to his son Shiblon, and at first he tells how Shiblon suffered while teaching the people of Zorom, but he put his faith in the Lord. Then Alma talks about his conversion and says that only through Jesus can we be saved from our sins. Alma warns his son not to be prideful and bridle his passions, and then give all glory to God.  Be careful not to think we are better than other people, but remember to acknowledge our weakness be submissive and give all the glory to the Lord. I wold like invite everyone to study this chapter, not just read it but study it.  I studied it for an hour and still wanted more time to really dig deeper in those wonderful words. I would also like to invite everyone to prepare for this conference with prayer and scripture study, so that we can really be where we can get the most out of it.
I would like to bear my testimony that I know with all my heart that this is the true church. I have no doubts, Joseph Smith did see the Father and His Son, and they did call him to restore the church on this earth. Christ lives, He suffered so that we don't have to.  He has a plan for us, and if we live the gospel, we will live with our Father in Heaven and our families forever. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today at this time to lead and direct the will of God on this earth. I know if we will follow the commandments we will be blessed, if we put our trust in the Lord he will help us through the hard times. Families are eternal, and I love you guys with all my heart. Being a disciple of Christ is not easy, it is so hard, we have big targets on our backs, but it is so worth it! If we mess up or do something wrong, we've always got the next day and the atonement to help us to be better every second. En el sagrado nombre de nuestro senior, Jesucristo, amen.
I love you all and hope this week is better. Mckady, I love you and I am so grateful to have you as a sister. Remember that it is all okay because your 2 very best friends in the world love you! You have our Savior in heaven who loves you without end, and you have me:) Your brother here in Argentina, and then family after that, but I want you to always remember that! I am always here and will always love you, and so does our Savior and our family. It may be hard, but they have great advice and just want to help. Listen to them and love them and gain friendships, because I know I look back now and wish I just would have spent more time with my true best friends, you and the whole family, the scriptures and prayer!
Mom I love you, thank you for your email, it is always a wonderful time for me to write you. Have a great week and know that God loves you and is watching over you at all times, as well as the family. 
Love Elder Grover
P.S. Be happy, smile, laugh, and love! In times that I have experiansed that are hard, I just smile say, "God loves me".  Just say "hacuna matata", from the Lion King.  I love you all, have a good week.