4/24/2015

Argentina - March 17, 2015

Hey Mom,
This week, well I think for our whole mission it has been a little difficult. Hermana Brittney Scadlock, yeah I knew her. I would like to share with you the story, it begins back on August 27, 2014, that is when I first met this amazing missionary. She was in my MTC District and I had the opportunity to try to learn Spanish with her every day for 6 weeks. In that time friendships grew with our whole district, all of us are really great friends, we all sat together to eat the meals, sat together as a district in all the devotionals, and we were there in the class all day every day learning together. We would also go play the sports as a district together, it was a really fun time and they are all amazing missionaries. In the MTC Hermana Scadlock sprained her ankle and my companion and I had the wonderful opportunity, along with our branch president, to give her a blessing. What a powerful, strong spiritual experience that was. Since being in the mission field, I have only seen her once, it was in January when we were having interviews with president. She and her companion got transferred because she was a blond girl and that dosn't go well with the guys here. But anyway, I had the opportunity to talk with her a little and catch up. President called all of us that came to the mission field in that group and told us what had happened. This week she passed away into the next life to continue being a missionary, teaching the same things we are teaching over here. The reason I am writing today is because yesterday we traveled to the mission office and had a little memorial service with the last zone she was in and all the people that came in our group to the mission field. It was really wonderful and helped a lot. We filmed it and sent it to her family. All the sisters that were in our group and all her companions talked, and my companion from the MTC talked also. He told a story that I would like to share, when my companion and I got to teach the sisters in practice, the spirit was so strong and everyone felt it, what a wonderful memory. I have no doubt in my mind that she is with our Savior, that it was her time to go and that he had another work to do that was not of this earth life. From this experience I have had the opportunity to think more about the Plan of Salvation and death and how it is all part of the plan.
Mom, don't worry, I will watch what I eat and be careful, thanks for worrying but don't worry too much because I am growing and becoming the man I need to be. I know God has a plan for me, and I know for a fact that it goes beyond the mission, so please don't worry too much, :)
Spring break has come and gone... wow that it is cool that they got to go do that.  And McKady has prom this weekend, wow, that is crazy, you will have to send me some pictures :) Mom, you aren't getting old.. you are getting younger and growing in wisdom and knowledge:) So the chapel is almost done? Crazy.. American chapels.. they are all a lot better than our remodeled Argentine home; and carpet, wow we don't even know what that is.. I love it! The church here is great!
About the weather.. I don't think it ever will get cold... and all the people here say, "yeah it gets cold here for like 2 weeks", and their idea of ´´cold´´ is a lot different than mine.. so we will just have to wait and see what happens. It would be nice just to have dry heat, humity just kills.... 
This Gospel is true and families are eternal, I know that. Jesus is the Christ, He lives and through Him all can be made right. This life is but a small moment to the eternal things, exact obedience brings happiness and will help us to have the spirit more. I know what I am doing here is for the Lord and to help people know of His plan. We have no need to fear, God's plan is that of hope and knowledge that all will be okay.
Mom, I love you so much, I want you to know that. I will like you for always, love you forever, and forever and eternity my mommy you will be. Have a wonderful week and smile always.
Love Elder Grover
P.S. So my companion's brother just got his call to Taiwan, crazy! Anyway, so I haven't heard where anyone is going, if you could tell me that would be super cool.
Oh yeah, I got the calender last Wednesday!!!! I love it!!! Thank you so much!!!! It is awesome!!!! I got a letter from Candice too, tell her thanks:) I am a valentine!!! And as for the princess stickers, they are on my tag now! Oh yeah. I love you all, have a good week!