4/09/2015

Argentina - February 23, 2015

Hey mom,
No school, huh? Sounds like they should shut down the school with no one being able to go right? Well, here school doesn't start until March sometime.  I am glad you are getting water, that is amazing. What!!!!!! I have to wait a whole week to find out about the new baby? That is going to be a long wait!  I hope everything goes well and all of that. So next week I better be getting some pictures! I realized God is all-knowing and smart, He probably sent the snow so the kids wouldn't have to suffer with Jade's teaching ;) Ha, just kidding, he will do a great job! I am glad you have been liking the emails. Speaking of which, about the one last week, it could have sounded mean...so Tuesday we went to Resistencia, where I stayed for 2 more days doing division with my zone leaders, which was really awesome and fun. So the office has not gotten any mail for a month!  Everything that comes into the country is still in like customs thing or whatever. The office elders said it has been shut down and they don't know when it will open back up, so I don't know if i will get stuff...sorry. I really wanted it...anyway, so in the multi-zone meeting we watched "Meet the Mormons", super good, if you haven't watched it, watch it!  So anyways it talks about the missionary and showed a picture of him wrestling...yeah, the ref is the Pangutch coach who gave the match to the Millard kid, where dad and JJ almost got kicked out, crazy huh? I guess it could have been Dewitt in the picture, ha! Apart from that, is way really great, we had a great meeting and I learned a lot. So I have been told by a lot of different elders that I will be an office elder someday because I look like one that was in there a couple of moths ago, he was a wrestler too from Arizona, super cool guy. My week has been awesome, we have found some great people. We found a girl who is 17, she has a smoking problem, and she goes to these parties and drinks some.. but she wants to change and become a better person, she really wants to learn more. She came to church yesterday, walked 2 miles in her high heels, but she made it and her little brother came too, I am excited to see the what the gospel will bring in her life. There have also been some other great people. This truly is the work of the lord, and I love every second of it. Our branch is really fun too, the branch president is a little older and can't get any of our names right, but there are some amazing people with really amazing testimonies. We ate lunch with some members yesterday, it is a big family that the mainly eats  the food they grow. They raise pigs, and they stink, ha! But we are going to be doing service there tomorrow so I will be sending pictures. It is a great family and seeing the little pigs reminded me of our little goats and sheep. The food was good too, and I ate a lot too:) We have a lot of progessing investigators and they are awesome! It is just great, I am excited to see what this week brings.
Love Elder Grover
P.S. So in my studies I got to read Alma 14, I would advise everyone to go read it, it is so amazing! I would tell you what I learned but it is better to go read it for yourselves. Then I read in James 2:26, a body without a spirit is dead, faith with out works is dead. I want everyone to have works of faith and see the happiness it can bring in your life.
P.S.S. Have a wonderful week! Mom, I love you so much, you are the best mom in the world! I am so grateful every day to have you as a mother and to have the wonderful family that I do. I know this church is true, without a doubt in my mind. I know Christ lives and that He will come again, that is why we need to always be prepared to meet Him. He does answer prayers; I so strongly testify of that, it may not be the way you expect, but He does answer and He hears us, I promise. Love you all pray for you all, and hope you have a wonderful week. 
P.S.S.S.  I think that is all, I hope. Anyway, hope all goes well with the baby. You got Jesse an i-pad? Tell him Happy Birthday for me and tell him I love him very much. Love you all, when you can, tell dad I love him and I hope everyone is doing amazing. Oh, do you want to know something crazy? On the 27th it will be 6 months.. holy cow, time is flying by so fast! Eat a good American steak for me, and a peanut butter sandwhich too.  And tell JJ to drink a Mountain Dew for me. Which reminds me, I make vanilla coke, it's  not as good like from the states, but I do what I can. My companion will complete 1 year.. wow party;) We work hard, anyway I love you all,  have a wonderful week! Love you and pray for you guys.