8/02/2012

California - July 30, 2012


Dear Family,

How are you? I am doing good, we have had some good things happen here and we have seen many trials. The other night we had a Jehova Witness bash with us; so problem #1, bashing does not bring the spirit, and #2 it was in Spanish, and well, me and Elder Reid did our best and we did all we are supposed to do, testify of the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon, so that is what we did, then invited him to pray about it, so that was a great experience for us, haha! Our Investigator chose not to get baptized on the 28th, he is still working towards baptism, but not this week. A 12 year old girl I found did get baptized, I found her and taught her, but her family, really just her uncle, didn't like us coming by because we were men and so we said ok, not a problem, we will send the sister missionaries over. So that is what we did and she got baptized, and that was a lot of fun! I was invited to participate in her confirmation, so it was nice. We had another investigator come to church and he is looking very promising, he loved church, so we have good hope for the future, so we are happy. We had interviews with President Lewis this week and I love him so much, I know without a doubt he is a servant of the Lord, called of Him to do His work. He does so much for all the missionaries. This is the last week of the transfer, so we are preparing to end strong. We were able to teach alot of lessons last week and we want to teach a lot more this week to prepare it, for the next transfer, whoever may be here
Yeah, I hear the olympics were on; it is really hard to have to miss them, I think it has been harder than NFL, because NFL is every year but the olympics is not, and man it is tough. But Sis Davis said that they sell it on DVD, so I really want one so that I can watch it when I get back. Football is starting again, wow that is crazy! How are the Broncos looking this year? How is Jens looking for starting this year? Has he put in the time to do it? Remember, there are no gifts in football, you have to put in time to get the playing time. Get to work. And Jade, I have been waiting for an update on the mission call, when can your papers go in? The Mission is the best, so start it as soon as you can, it is a great privlage!

I love you all so much and appreciate all the work you have done for me.
Love Elder Grover