1/16/2012

California - December 19, 2011

Buenos Dias,

About the phone call, his name is Jason Johnson, he was missionary companions with Alon Pugh from Blanding, Utah and wanted to call you all to get the information from you. I met him at a baptism of one of his employees he is actually one of the owners of a big carwash company and Araceli Acosta is one of the managers. Me and Elder Lopez found her and started teaching her back when we were together before and she got baptized this weekend. She is super solid! The night we found her was amazing, one of the best moments in my life, remind me sometime to tell you all, just unreal, truly one of the elect of God prepared for us, just amazing. But, I do have wonderful news, we have a White Christmas here in Sacramento! Sorry, no snow, but this weekend the 24th at 5:30 we have a baptizm of 2 ladies. One is Reyna, a mother of 3, the two oldest are members and now she will be baptized. The other, Maria, has quit smoking to be a member; yes, she has not smoked since last Sunday, over a week! We took a member who quit and we told her it was over, not another cigarette, and she has not smoked one since. The gospel is real, it can change lives, we just have to put our trust in God and let him guide us and miracles will happen. We are super excited to have a White Christmas here in California, we know it is truly a blessing. I will send my package today, so I hope it will get there before Christmas, if not, I am so sorry, it will get there eventually. We are just so busy and we have limits on what we can do, but it will get to you all, I know it :)

Other good news! WE CAN SKYPE HOME!!!!!! Bad news, I need to find a place to do it, haha! And we cannot set up an account, so you can get on yours and you can give me Jordan's password, and I can get on. But that is the good news, and we are looking for a place to do it. We are eating dinner with a recent convert of Elder Chirino and I, we taught him after Elder Chirino left my first area, he is what we call in mission terms my mommy, JJ and Jordan will know what that means. But he should have a computer that we can use we, will probably just call right before to get the password and then try it out pray for it and it will happen. But I will talk to you all on CHRISTMAS! I am super excited! I hope you have a very wonderful Christmas morning, remember the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

I love you all so much,

Elder Jesse Grover