

Hey family. how are you? Things here are going good, sorry about the short letters being short. This transfer has been really different for me, I am the oldest, so I am in charge, and it's been really different, but God is helping me. President Lewis has been really sick for the past month, having two surgeries, and it's been determind by the prophet and the first presidency that he return to Utah to try to heal, so at the moment we are without our mission president. President Weston is acting in his stead; he is a super awesome guy, he served as a mission president in Lima, Peru, so don't worry, we are in good hands. Hopefully President Lewis will return to us in a month or two. It has been weird without him here, but we are still working. The work is slow right now, we are trying to find people and right now satan is working really hard. We had a man set up for church, his name is Miguel, when we talked to him Saturday night, he said he was good to go. He told us he had found a new job and would start in two weeks, but he was excited to come to church with us, and said he has been searching for the truth and wants to find his own path, even if it is not what his family wants him to do. But we called him in the morning on Sunday and the people at his new job had called him and started him two weeks early. Satan, right? Well, satan may have won the battle, but God will win the war! :) We aren't worried, he is a solid guy, we are confident that he will be getting baptized here pretty soon. We have a really cool activity coming up this weekend, Gladys Knight is coming and doing a Missionary work event. It's not a concert, she has been called, along with her choir, to do missionary work around the USA, to help bring the spirit to people. So we will be taking our investigators to that this weekend, so we are pretty excited for that.
I am sorry to hear about the wrestling season and how that is going, if we do our part, all will be well. Work out by yourself, do something. I regret being lazy, I could have done a lot better, and now look at me, I am just a chubby kid who wrestled in the past. Make a name for yourself, you be the best you. It doesn't matter who the coach is, the athletes with a strong desire and real talent will succeed; they may have to overcome a lot, but I know how awesome you are, keep your head up and work hard; do EVERYTHING you can - EVERYTHING - cause if you don't, you will look back with regrets, and you don't want that. By the way, I have set a goal, since I am turning the big 20 this coming February, I have set a goal of "Lose 20 to be 20". :) 20 lbs dropped by the time I turn 20. We bought a whole bunch of healthy food, like everything we bought was green, yeah, healthy. Wark hard every day in the work of the Lord and eat healthy and pow - a healthy looking disciple of Christ. I still get the Gordo compliments every once in a while, and those are never fun. One day a 5 year old kid was calling me Gordo - little punk, huh? Naw, it's all good, that will all change.
We had what we call a spanish conference, where all the elders and sisters that speak spanish get together and get instructed on how to help our spanish speaking people progress. I talked with Elder Carlson's girlfriend again, and she showed me some of his mission pictures and pictures of them before the mission, it was cool.
Elder Carlson is doing super well, I guess he is Zone Leader. He goes home in June, thats so crazy! But, some of the kids from my grade will go home in June too, man I feel young. But the mission is going by so fast, my trainer went home in December, and my follow up trainer, who is my ZL right now, goes home at the end of the transfer. It is so crazy, all the people that were here when I got here are going home. I guess I have been out for a while, I look around and yes, time is gone, where did it go? I have almost been out a year, where did the time go? I am going to ask for a two year extension, do you think they will give me that? I hope so!So, expanation on the letters for Shirley and everone else, they have been started and never finished, or written and never sent. We only have a little time and through the month of December our p-days were cut by two hours so we could do more work. I still haven't sent all my Christmas cards, they are still sitting there, like I said, where has the time gone? Christmas was a month ago, and I still never sent our the cards, I am so sorry, I have slacked off, I promise I will try harder to be better at it. I wish I could write letters to everyone and send them every day, but I can't, so I will repent and better myself so you guys can hear more.
I love you all. I hope all with the computer is fine and that you can figure it out, but remember that the only things that last are the gospel and families, everything else will perish with time. But if we keep close to the Lord, then all will be well, and i promise that it will. God blesses us, he blesses us so very much.
Les Quiero
Elder Jesse Grvover





