1/20/2014

Ohio - January 13, 2014

Hello there Family,

Yeah, it is later today that I am E-mailing.  We have been doing service today for a recent convert here, single mother.  With the crazy cold last week all her pipes froze up and really made a mess, she has been without water for several days, so us and a member have spent the day replacing some pluming. So yeah, that was fun, but you've got to do what you've got to do! And there is nothing better than being in the service of God's children, for you are only in the service of God. But yeah, it was pretty cold, we had to stay out of the weather for a couple days, but it wasn't too bad and we got right back out to work as soon as we could. I hear it hit Indiana a little worse, so I guess Ohio saved me there, haha. Time is going fast, already January! Happy Birthday Dad, sorry I wasn't there but, I know I am right where you want me to be, and I figured that would be a better gift to you than me being there :) Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my new companion is Elder Wesley Glissmeyer from Kaysville, Utah. It was pretty cool, he was on the other side of town here in Wilmington when he got the call that he was heading out, but he ended up getting transferred to the other set of missionaries in town - me.  It was pretty exciting, we were pretty bummed that he was heading out, and now he is my companion. Crazy, crazy, but tons of fun! Anyways, all is good here, I hope everything continues to get better at home. I love you all so much. Love you Mom!!!
Love, Elder Jade Grover


P.S. Shaeli is going to Guatemala huh? Crazy! I would have never guessed!