11/01/2012

California - October 30, 2012


Hey Family!!!!

Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday Jade - this Wednesday!!! I will spend Halloween with my new companion, his name is Elder Muir. I have only briefly met him several times, but this is the first time serving around him. Another great new elder, Elder Reid who I trained, is coming into my zone, so that will be cool, haha. Elder George is flying home on Thursday; it has been interesting being his companion while he has prepared to leave, it only makes me fear it more, it has been sad. He has been here for 6 months, so he knows lots of people and has seen quite a few people get baptized, so they were all really sad. The kids were like trying to give him things so that he would remember them, like shoes anything else they have, it was really sad. It makes me not want to leave the mission, you grow to love the people here.

On Sunday I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting, the first time on my mission, how crazy is that? But at least I got to do it in English, haha! But it was good, I based it on 3 talks from general conference, and I think it went well, at least that is what I was told, but everyone loves the missionaries right, haha?

Crazy that PUD is back, and skinny - that's awesome! Hopefully that is how it will be with me, I have lost almost 20 lbs this past 2 weeks, but I still look bigger. Hopefully before I skype on Christmas you will be able to tell the difference.

Love you all,
Elder Grover