11/30/2012

California - November 22, 2012


First off, sorry I forgot to tell you that our P-Day this week is today due to the holiday, so we are taking a full-day p-day, which should be fun.

Second off, I received bad news the other day....... I will not be returning home on the 7 of March anymore:( yeah, I will not be a 2 year, 24 month missionary:( Due to the new missionary program, they will start going out just when I am leaving. So for some reason that I do not know, I fly home a week early, yeah, the 28th of February. I feel kinda jipped, but I am sure that it is all part of the plan.

Thirdly, what the freak....... some dummies burned down the school? What idiots (sorry for the language)! That is insane, what were they thinking? Were they thinking? Drugs?  That is so crazy, what does the school district plan on doing? Are they going to just rebuild the library or just tear everything down and make it all new? I honestly am shocked :(

Well all is going well her,e we have had a good week, which is nice. Last week was a really tough week for us, but this week is going really well. We had an awesome miracle, Sunday we were told by some other Elders that there was this guy who had contacted the ward clerk over there and had some questions about church history, but he lived in our area. So we called him and set up an appointment to visit with him and his family. They are so solid!!!!!! He had been researching his family, and his great-great-grandfather was a member of the church, being ordained a high priest, and he was just wanting to know more about the church and its history. He said that it was something he wants to get more involved in.  Him, his wife, and 5 kids - 5 boys - and they are super well-behaved! They all sat down with us and listened to the lesson and asked questions. And guess what street they live on? Jessie, yeah, haha, spelled a little wrong, but how sweet is that, haha? 5 boys, just like me and the 4 brothers I have, it is so awesome! I have only met them once, but I already love them so much. Love missionary work, you just never know what's going to happen. We also had a 12 year old girl request missionaries on mormon.org. She said she is catholic, but doesn't learn anything, and her mom said she learned a lot as a child in her church and told her she could request the Mormons to come over, haha! So she did, and wants to learn more. People are prepared to learn about the gospel.

I love you all, I am grateful for all of you. Very thankful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity to serve a mission.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!
Elder Jesse Grover